Original > Hot Tub Forum

Opinions on Calderas

(1/1)

skbohler:
Hello,

Just started looking into the hot tub market.

A local dealer carries Caldera hot tubs. I've noticed they seem to be cheaper than other brands, like Sundance.

Can anybody update me on how Caldera's are viewed in the market?

We definitely don't want to buy a hot tub and wind up with too few jets and hydrotherapy.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

markb:
I am also looking at calderas. Where are you located? I'm in N.Ca. near sacramento.

In my area the sundance is priced lower. Well that depends on the model. I'm looking at the optima in sundance, $7700, the niagra in caldera $8700. Although yesterday the caldera dealer called me and told he could do better on the niagra after I told him he was more expensive then a hot springs grandee. At least $500 lower.

Just so you  can copare aplles to apples tis is what is included: tub, cover, cover lifter, ozone, delivery & setup, steps and chems. Also with the caldera the factory includes the gfci box.

The other spas that I looked at were D-1, hot springs, sundance, catalina, jacuzzi, master spa and tiger river.

Caldera has what they call circut therapy where all the seats do different aareas of the body. The niagra has a really nice foot massage on the short seat. Since my wife and I are runners that was very attractive.

As anyone on this board will tell you, wet test is the only way. I think the top brands are all comparable. It will come down to your taste and the dealer.

Mark

Bill_Stevenson:
I just decided to buy a Caldera Geneva Utopia a few weeks ago.  I reached that decision by developing a short list of spas from this and one other forum that were recommended as being good ones.  List in hand, I went to the Yellow Pages and found local dealers.  No local dealer eliminated a couple from the list.  In addition to Caldera, the others considered were Jacuzzi Premium, Hot Spring, and Marquis.  

I made an appointment with each dealer to get a wet test.  All four of the brands were satisfactory.  All four have good local dealers.  By a wee bit I liked the Caldera the best.  Here is why:

1.  The jets were strong and had plenty of adjustment and variety.  Different seats hit different areas of your body and it is easy to hit every area without undue contortions.  
2.  Caldera fit both my wife (5-foot) and me (6-foot), which is saying a lot.
3.  Caldera offers a raised platform in the footwell that made it particulary easy to get foot purchase to hold us securely in each seat.
4.  The lounge has three anchors for digging in with the heel of the foot to gain a secure position in the seat.  Even my 5-foot wife can use the lounge.
5.  The price we paid, $8299.00 was high, but not out of line with the others.
6.  Overall I felt that the Caldera was marginally more comfortable and had good, strong, but adjustable jets in a variety of configurations.  This made it perhaps more versatile for our needs.  
7.  Caldera enjoys a very good reputation for customer satisfaction.

With all of that said, the other spas were also outstanding and each had plenty to offer.  The Marquis had the strongest jets and the best whirlpool mode; the Jacuzzi Premium was the easiet to get in and out of and was the best looking; the Hot Spring had the most effective neck therapy system and seemed to be the gentlest overall.  Truthfully any of these would be a good choice.

You can not go wrong with any in this group assuming local dealer support is good.  One last thing, many here have reported high pressure sales tactics in their search for the right spa.  I am happy to say that none of that occured for us.  All four dealers were professional, courteous, and refrained from saying anything negative about the others.  I wish you the same good experience.  Happy hunting.

Regards,

Bill

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote ---I just decided to buy a Caldera Geneva Utopia a few weeks ago.  I reached that decision by developing a short list of spas from this and one other forum that were recommended as being good ones.  List in hand, I went to the Yellow Pages and found local dealers.  No local dealer eliminated a couple from the list.  In addition to Caldera, the others considered were Jacuzzi Premium, Hot Spring, and Marquis.  

I made an appointment with each dealer to get a wet test.  All four of the brands were satisfactory.  All four have good local dealers.  
--- End quote ---

That is the kind of game plan that allows you to make an informed decision. Find out which reputable makers are local and wet test to see how they fit/feel. All that you wet tested were very good brands and the one you chose should satisfy you for years.

Mendocino101:
Caldera was on my list...and I was very close to going with the niagra...how ever after wet testing it was not the tub for me....but it is a beautiful spa and the riser in the foot well is a nice feature....if it wet tests well for you....and you like the dealer...than it is a good choice and solid product...I went with the Marquis...just a better fit for me....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version