What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please Help! I want a 1 or two person hot tub 110v or 120v  (Read 14619 times)

RobinColorado

Please Help! I want a 1 or two person hot tub 110v or 120v
« on: June 26, 2013, 11:54:54 pm »
I am completely frustrated and confused!! I want a hot tub for my master bathroom. My existing soaking tub is a waste of space. I want/need a ONE PERSON or Max 2 person hot tub to fit in my bathroom. My space allows only 50" max width - length is no issue. I think a 110v/120v is fine since it will be inside. Triangular tubs that I have found are too big. I need an oval, hour glass shaped or a rectangle.

Why are there so few options for a one person hot tub in a master bathroom???? I don't care about a party tub I want one for me!
Jacuzzi hot tub/whirpool/spa that you empty each time you use, require way too much work to keep the pipes clean from mold. I figure keeping a small hot tub running will actually be more cost and water efficient and lots easier to maintain.

There are a couple of small hot tubs I found -ThermoSpa, Nordic, Artic but the reviews worry me.

This is an huge market opportunity--!! Please Help!
Thank you very much!

Robin

Hot Tub Forum

Please Help! I want a 1 or two person hot tub 110v or 120v
« on: June 26, 2013, 11:54:54 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Please Help! I want a 1 or two person hot tub 110v or 120v
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 01:09:45 am »
Actually it's a very small market opportunity (very little demand), hence very few options.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

RobinColorado

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 02:58:17 am »
I think there is a HUGE demand but very few options! I am a baby boomer and would like to have a nice hot tub right next to my shower and bedroom. Who wouldn't like that?
Please advise...if you have ideas and/or suggestions.
Thanks  ;)

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 07:55:05 am »
I'd think it would be a potential mold/mildew breeding ground in there after a very short while. I surely wouldn't even want one in my glassed in sunroom where I could open all of the windows on three sides, much less in an even more closed in space of my house. Good luck with your endeavor.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:57:00 am »
I cound't imagine a hot tub in a bathroom next to my bedroom.  I would think you would need a very large bathroom (could you even fit a hot tub through the doors?) and you would need to keep a cover on it. As others have said humidity/steam will be a big issue and if not handled correctly would ruin your walls and  cause mold mildew and a musty ordor (not something I would want next to my bed room).

Ive seen indoor installation in large open rooms with an upgraded fan system and I've seen an installtion were the back  half of a rec room was closed off with sliding glass doors, and yea, it was a bit dank.

But, there are 2 person hto tubs that can be had with a 120v electrial.  a simple Google  of  "2 Person Hot Tub" will show you many options. 

07 Caldera Geneva

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 09:40:19 am »
http://www.coastspas.com/mobile/tublicious-hot-tubs.php   

Just be careful when you type tublicious into a search engine, specially if you are at work    ;)   

Water Boy

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:26:09 am »
I am completely frustrated and confused!! I want a hot tub for my master bathroom. My existing soaking tub is a waste of space. I want/need a ONE PERSON or Max 2 person hot tub to fit in my bathroom. My space allows only 50" max width - length is no issue. I think a 110v/120v is fine since it will be inside. Triangular tubs that I have found are too big. I need an oval, hour glass shaped or a rectangle.

Why are there so few options for a one person hot tub in a master bathroom???? I don't care about a party tub I want one for me!
Jacuzzi hot tub/whirpool/spa that you empty each time you use, require way too much work to keep the pipes clean from mold. I figure keeping a small hot tub running will actually be more cost and water efficient and lots easier to maintain.

There are a couple of small hot tubs I found -ThermoSpa, Nordic, Artic but the reviews worry me.

This is an huge market opportunity--!! Please Help!
Thank you very much!

Robin

I would definitely take a look at Arctic Spas, and Nordic Spas. Both offer very good smaller tub options. We are a Arctic Spa dealer, and we did install the Coyote Mesa in a bathroom for a customer. It turned out really nice when done. But, but this customer spent probably ten times as much as what the spa cost to completely redo his bathroom, and to allow for the proper ventilation to account for the added moisture and humidity in the bathroom. But, I would check out the Coyote Mesa, and the Coyote Vegas. Those are the two smallest options. You can see more about both here:
http://www.arcticspas.com/our-products/our-hot-tubs/coyote-spas/the-mesa/

I see your name says Colorado in it. What part of Colorado are you located in. One of Arctic Spas better dealers, Heavenly Times Hot Tubs, in the Dillon Colorado area would be a great dealer to check out. They are award winning dealer from Arctic Spas, and I know the owner Micheal personally, and he is a great guy, and I am sure he would love to help. Good luck in your search for the perfect spa!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

RobinColorado

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 01:03:23 am »
:) Thank you for all the suggestions and considerations! I appreciate the comments about mildew/musty odors, etc. Don't know if it would be a big issue here in Colorado but I think adding a vent over the hot tub would be wise. If I decide to get one, it will be next to a 5'x7' sliding window.  One dumb question....do you keep the tub running all the time or can I just run it several hours a day? And if I get a hot tub that has a 100-150 gal. capacity any idea what my monthly bill would be? I figured it would be much less than a similarly sized outdoor hot tub.
Thanks for all the advice!!! 8) :-*

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:20:41 am »
In order to keep the water circulating and sanitized you have to keep in running all the time. It is programmable to only circulate and filter for a few hours a day. If you shut it off it will cool to room temp and that is to cool for a true HOT tub experience. A 110V tub can take an hour to raise temp 3-4 degrees and it will have to rise from 70-80 to 102-104
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 07:50:46 am »
I'm with Tman on this one. It would be like shutting off your heating system in the house every morning and cutting it back on in the evening when you get home. The system has to work harder to “attain” the temp than to “maintain” steady temperatures thus causing higher utility bills.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

brillskill

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 11:29:50 am »
^^^^   Those are really nice looking.

brillskill

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 12:10:47 pm »
^^^^   Those are really nice looking.

I agree, it does look nice but it would help if someone had first hand experience with the product. Hopefully someone here has owned or sold them that can add to the discussion.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 12:13:51 pm »
heres a retailer for it....http://www.wayfair.com/SpaBerry-MiBerry-1-Person-Luxury-Spa-45004-45007-ZSB1008.html

Do you own this? I know you have said you have a Cal and just got a second spa from Costco. Do you own this one too or did you just see it on that site? I'm just curious if you're recommending it or if you just saw the pic and found it interesting looking.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 12:13:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42