What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My New Jacuzzi is seriously broken after 1 week of use  (Read 35011 times)

Spoiledrotten

Re: My New Jacuzzi is seriously broken after 1 week of use
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 08:19:32 am »
If I were a part of Jacuzzi, I'd be trying to settle this, knowing what kind of publicity they are getting here. These forums can make or break a company if things get too far into that unacceptable range. This issue along make me very glad I went with Hot Spring rather than Jacuzzi. Pay that kind of hard earned money and then get treated like this.

at this point in the matter Jacuzzi as a manufacturer has absolutely nothing to do with this...as of now it all falls on the local independent dealer to take care of him...with that said if this continues to drag on Jacuzzi should absolutely make a call to the local dealer and find out whats going on.  I can tell you word of mouth and referrals is huge in this business so you would think the dealer would jump all over this matter and try to remedy it because what happens when you purchase a brand new spa? you tell all your friends/family/neighbors maybe...and now you have a $12,000 paper weight in your backyard what do you think the owner will tell everyone about the local jacuzzi dealer? obviously not good things

That's, in a nutshell, is what I was trying to say, TCHS, but then, JJ is a little sensative since this is happening to one of the Jacuzzi tubs. Word of mouth is very big. I'm sure JJ has heard that if a person is satisfied with a product he/she will tell 10 friends. If they hate a product, they will tell 100.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 08:19:32 am »

antlese

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 06:43:42 pm »
i've never heard mention a response to the credit card angle.  was one used, and if so have you considered contacting them?  the protections they offer their customers are put in place for situations just like yours.
We have not taken the credit card approach. The initial down payment on the tub was made in April I think. The remaining 2/3s of the price was paid by bank draft upon delivery in June.
Antlese

antlese

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2013, 06:47:13 pm »
If I were a part of Jacuzzi, I'd be trying to settle this, knowing what kind of publicity they are getting here. These forums can make or break a company if things get too far into that unacceptable range. This issue along make me very glad I went with Hot Spring rather than Jacuzzi. Pay that kind of hard earned money and then get treated like this.
We have contacted Jacuzzi via email and they want to confirm the serial number of the hot tub. I'm trying to find it now.
Antlese

antlese

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2013, 06:51:26 pm »
So is the spa running now or just sitting?    If it's just sitting that's unacceptable!   They need to bring you a loaner or something till things get resolved!  Least that's what I would offer, but then we have never been in that kind of situation, nor let it get that far..    Still would like to get that serial number.. I promise it won't go any farther than me.   Just send me a PM and I will let you know what I find..
Trying to locate the serial number now. We have a serial number that was sent to us in an email from customercare at jacuzzi brands. I would like to confirm this number myself, but I'm having trouble finding it.
Antlese

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2013, 06:59:23 pm »
On the back side of the spa down on the ABS base there is a silver sticker, unless the dealer peeled it off.  If not you can open the front and it should be on the top of the equipment.    Your dealer should have registered it along with your email which is required by Jacuzzi, but by the way is dealing with this I doubt he did?   What is he doing? 

antlese

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »
On the back side of the spa down on the ABS base there is a silver sticker, unless the dealer peeled it off.  If not you can open the front and it should be on the top of the equipment.    Your dealer should have registered it along with your email which is required by Jacuzzi, but by the way is dealing with this I doubt he did?   What is he doing?
I just buttoned the thing back up. Will open it again tomorrow. The rear of our tub ( the side with the waterfall) is too close to the side of our deck for me to see the sticker.

The dealer has been in contact with Jacuzzi and is working on getting it replaced for us. We are also emailing with jacuzzi ourselves.

Antlese

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2013, 07:24:24 pm »
 If you can get your hand to it, it will just peel off  usually lower left or right corner. 

antlese

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 09:30:59 am »
Hey everyone.
A quick update. It looks like Jacuzzi is going to replace the entire tub.  :)
Will keep you posted.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 10:53:46 am »
Fantastic! That was the right thing to do. I wish you the best.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

summerside9000

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2013, 01:35:10 pm »
unreal. sounds like something is fried. :( Jim is right right right.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2013, 09:38:49 am »
Hey everyone.
A quick update. It looks like Jacuzzi is going to replace the entire tub.  :)
Will keep you posted.

That's good to hear!!

antlese

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:24 am »
Ok Guys,
One last update. I have my new replacement tub installed and I used it last night for the first time. So far everything is working very well.  ;D
Hopefully this tub sees none of the problems that the previous one had.

I will say that Jacuzzi was quick to respond to our emails and phone calls, and they were pleasant to deal with.
And the hot tub dealer did a great job communicating with us and with working with Jacuzzi to get us a replacement.

Antlese

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2013, 09:33:38 am »
Ok Guys,
One last update. I have my new replacement tub installed and I used it last night for the first time. So far everything is working very well.  ;D
Hopefully this tub sees none of the problems that the previous one had.

I will say that Jacuzzi was quick to respond to our emails and phone calls, and they were pleasant to deal with.
And the hot tub dealer did a great job communicating with us and with working with Jacuzzi to get us a replacement.

Antlese

BTM line is you got taken care of!   And I can only agree on one of your comments in the last statement about Jacuzzi, not so much with your dealer.   You went far to long without a spa, yes they needed some time to get it going, but you should have had a loaner brought out till the situation was dealt with.     You sound like a very understanding person, most people in this situation would be going ballistic!   Kudos to you and again glad it got resolved... 

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »
"I love it when a plan comes together"!   Congrats.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2013, 07:04:25 pm »
how many days? 2 weeks?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2013, 07:04:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42