What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Lifter for Jacuzzi J-355  (Read 3176 times)

MikeAndKelli

Cover Lifter for Jacuzzi J-355
« on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:12 pm »
We're looking to replace our 2000 Sundance Altamar, which gave up the ghost a couple of months ago, and have narrowed it down to the Jacuzzi J-355.  We looked long and hard at another Altamar or the Sundance Marin, but the new Sundance dealer in our area raised their prices $1000 across the board from when we started looking.  :o

We probably could negotiate a bit on that, but after looking around at the D1 and some other dealers, we think we like the Jacuzzi better.  But the Jacuzzi dealer isn't including a cover lifter in the deal, which might not be a bad thing because he sells the CoverMate.  We thought our original cover lifter was going bad a few years ago, and so we bought a new CoverMate III.  It lasted about 2 months before it started to warp, and we reinstalled our old lifter.  We decided to use bungee cords to secure it when it was open...

So what's a good cover lifter?  Looking at Amazon, the CoverMate III has only three reviews, and all bad - and sound like my experience.

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Lifter for Jacuzzi J-355
« on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:12 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Cover Lifter for Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:23:00 pm »
I don't like ANY lifter which picks the cover up (and holds it there) by the center seam. I have seen some straps and fittings (available at Robert's Hot Tubs: http://www.rhtubs.com/store/cover-saver.htm) which can be fitted so the cover is not hung by the hinge, but you still have the bar in the center of the cover...

HotSpring lifts attach to metal brackets built into the cover, and they eliminate this damage, plus they don't have anything up top on the cover when closed.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Cover Lifter for Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:23:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42