What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J480 2013 price on Long Island N.Y.  (Read 38874 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: J480 2013 price on Long Island N.Y.
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 06:05:03 pm »
Your right, I'm not privy to what dealer cost are. Although, I've spent enough time researching to have a pretty good ball park view of what dealer cost are for larger high volume businesses and that they receive a significant cost reduction when they purchase multiple tubs at once. Look back at my original post and you'll see that I recommended to offer only $500 less that what your stated you sold yours for. Again, I bought mine during a large truckload event and meet the owner during a home and garden show, so prices would be lower than smaller family stores afford to make a profit or get a better break on a special order for their clients than businesses that only sell a small number of spas a year.  Don't talk to me a about cost in your part of the country unless your business is in the San Francisco Bay Area or Manhattan Area where or costs are much greater than anything you would believe for property, workers salaries, insurance and taxes. BTW, I was a Soldier living in Alaska during the 1990s, so I know how outrageous a gallon of milk is in Alaska.

I'm done with this specific posting, as obviously I've upset a few of you with this string if posts, but you should loom at your own inaccurate and misleading statements trying to prove me wrong. I think I've been pretty accurate and honest with my postings.  Now maybe people we start to understand the potential problems that we consumers face dealing with you guys in person. I understand none of you are getting wealthy doing sales, but some of us are more concerned with the bottom line price than sending you on your vacations to trade shows etc.

Maybe we need a forum and ban all dealers and salesman from it so we can have honest discussions about what hot tubs we like and why, and how to get a great deal on the pricing for our hard earned money.

I don't doubt you've been honest with your statements because its obvious that you think highly enough of yourself to believe you've got your finger on the pulse of most everything in life but you haven't been nearly as accurate in your assumptions as you believe. In your defense I wouldn't expect you to be too accurate but its the fact you lack the humity to realize it that is the sad part. I like to see new people get very involved with their purchase to the point where they come back here and can be as helpful to other owners/shoppers as the pros are here but then sometimes...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:11:45 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 06:05:03 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 06:28:48 pm »
yawn...we get a "that guy" in our store about every 3-4 months that acts like a particular poster in this thread...self entitlement, smarter than everyone else, thinks they have it "all figured out"....drop the price, sell it and move on to the next one and never see them again because they buy everything online

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 06:35:55 pm »
Obviously I'm in the wrong line of business if I expect to make money.  Different parts of the Country will have different pricing.  When I was buying tubs from California it was costing me like $600 a tub to ship here.  So prices for me are going to be higher then prices for someone in California so that argument is completely wrong

brillskill

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 06:48:55 pm »
Wonder what dealer cost for the 150 gazillion jet,flat screen tv,12 pump integrity spa is...lolol!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 07:17:11 pm »
 Yea I am done arguing over it with him or her, SanFran so who knows.    Wondering why I even get involved in those topics or any topic lately for that matter..    Maybe I should just stick to the why do I have an FL1 error on my spa questions..   I gotta go get my gold chains and silk shirt on now :lol: 

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »
Interesting that upon a few searches in this forum, I found this... Another member was able to get a Jacuzzi dealer to order him a brand new 2013 J-470 for either $8,300 w/o stereo or $9,100 w. stereo.  Reading his post, that came with a start up kit, covermate III lifter in Mass.  Last time I looked, that's on the East Coast and is about as far a
way from where their built in Mexico and corporate HQ is CA.  ;D

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,16342.msg172609.html#msg172609

"Ordered the 470 tonight . It was just a bit nicer IMHO then the Optima in my color choice. Jets were awesome, and the dealer was just a pleasure to work with. So my last choice now is, stereo or not. I can get it for $8300 with no radio, or $9100 with it. Any thoughts as I need to let them know tomorrow before they order it.

brillskill

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 09:44:08 pm »
Mass and Long Island are two different animals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 10:23:30 pm »
  Id say he got a fantastic deal also, oh wait, I did say it in that thread      I sold a J-365 today without a stereo for 9100.00 go figure, and I took almost a 1000 off.   

bimmerdog

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »
I know most on here say to not get a stereo with the hot tub.  I'm different.  I have a 2013 Sundance Optima with the Bluewave Stereo system and the JBL speakers.  If I had to order another tub I would not order it without the sound system.  It is a Bluetooth system.  The sound is amazing.  I can listen to all my music on my iPhone with the phone being inside my house. I can switch to the radio if I want.  You can also plug an ipod in the front of the tub in a water tight compartment.  The system comes with only a year warranty but that doesn't bother me at all. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:32:05 pm by bimmerdog »

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 10:35:02 pm »
I agree with the radio.  Originally, I did not intend to buy one and wanted to just purchase some high quality Bose outside speakers.  After using my hot tub daily for the past year, one of the cool features is plugging my iPhone into the system and listening to the music.  The sound quality is amazing, but their only warranted for one year. 

Wannatub

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 11:42:34 pm »
I remember that $8,300 J- 470 thread and I wanted in on a deal like that too, so I had a nice long chat with that dealer one morning on my way to the office.  I agree with Jac-470 that his dealer is indeed a really nice guy, and I was planning to make the 2+ hour drive to his showroom before we stumbled into another unexpected deal we didn't want to pass up.   

When I was telling him some of the good things I heard about them from this forum, and that thread in particular, he knew full well who I was talking about, and suggested there were certain "other considerations" in that transaction which were beneficial to both parties  which helped account for the unusually good price. 

Dave -- the really nice guy dealer -- explained the general nature of their deal to me, and suffice to say it's a win-win for everyone involved...  and, while he's open to negotiation, he's NOT going to sell that tub at that price to anyone else any time soon... and don't get your hopes up that anyone else will sell you one for that price either!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 02:49:57 pm »
  <<  :o    You're not worthy of such a title!   8)

Maryphil

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:54 am »
Now that we have the pricing issue hopefully over, as I do understand hot tub dealers need to make money,but the original issue here is hey, let's not rip off the public.  And more important to me, don't try slimy sales tactics such as, "Well, if you can't afford to pay that much for a hot tub, I have some lower cost options here......"  Yes, "The Hot Tub Guys" actually said that to my husband, which got me involved. 

But back to the original reason for the post,  Gspar, did you finally buy? 

gspar

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2013, 09:19:03 pm »
Hello "Maryphil"  Yes I am going to see Morro in Nutley NJ Monday where you bought your J480.  You saved me over $4,000 on the same model.  Thank you!!  He had a hard time remembering you but said he would give me a similar deal.  $12,700 for a J480 without the stereo plus chemical kit, free delivery, etc.  I also called a place in Connecticut who said they also serve Long Island and knew all about "The Hot Tub Guys" and thanks them for all the business they get.  They just jump on the ferry and service L.I.  I am going with Morro since he was a little cheaper and seemed like a really nice guy on the phone.  Very straight forward, no games, no bulls--t kind of guy.  Can't wait to hook it up in about 3-4 weeks.  Thanks again!! 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2013, 11:36:50 pm »
That's a crazy price!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2013, 11:36:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42