What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: VORTEX Spas from Canada  (Read 121059 times)

Ryan VSO

Re: VORTEX Spas from Canada
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »
A sales pitch ... Ask any of my technician they dont like to work with full foam , you cant actually have a leak because its not foamed ... Its glued and climped... If theres a jet leak it will be at the start because the manufacture did something wrong and i rather see it from the start , fix it than having the foam absorbing he problem .. Either those vortex spas are really well done or other manufacturer doesnt do the right thing . We have around a thousand spas on the ground and im taking every single service calls and i never seen a jet to leak jyst because of the vibration this a real joke that full foam salesperson use .

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:54 am »
What other manufacturers of perimeter insulated tubs are you talking about? The ones that aren't doing it right? Who are you comparing yourself to? Because if it's Arctic they likely have 100 times more tubs on the ground.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:57 am »
MB1,

Thanks for coming back with the update.  I had a bad experience with my first tub when they contracted out the delivery, but they made it right the next morning.   Good luck going forward.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 07:59:55 am »
Montana, glad you're happy with your spa and most of your situation up to receiving it. Too bad companies don't try harder to please the customer, but it seems to be the way things are going these days. Get us some pics of your new addition so we can see how much better it is than my HS. (Ha!) Can't believe it's better but thought I would humor you on that one.  ;D
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

vangoghsear

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 12:38:34 pm »
From what we have tested , when its below -10 degress celcius outside our perimeter insulation is drasticly more efficient . You are right to say that full foam is a little bit more efficient when its above -10 outside but just the fact to not see whats going on with your plumbing, the fact that a perimeter insulation reduce the hearing of the pump noise is 2 good reasons for me to choose that insulation indtead of foam . When you choose the right components and dont insert cheap material in your spa you should not have any problem with a perimeter insulation . Have you experienced any issue wihthat type of insulation?
Is this with your Hybrid Heatpump option, or conventional resistance heat element?  I've been wondering if a spa manufacturer would employ heatpump technology in their water heater.  It must be air to water, I assume there must be a blending of cabinet and outside air for this to work best.  Then the heatpump can move heat from cabinet air to the water when it is cold out and discharge heat to outside air when cooling the water in high temperature days.  Or does it have a remote condenser?  I would love to see a diagram of how this works.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 12:50:57 pm »
From what we have tested , when its below -10 degress celcius outside our perimeter insulation is drasticly more efficient . You are right to say that full foam is a little bit more efficient when its above -10 outside but just the fact to not see whats going on with your plumbing, the fact that a perimeter insulation reduce the hearing of the pump noise is 2 good reasons for me to choose that insulation indtead of foam . When you choose the right components and dont insert cheap material in your spa you should not have any problem with a perimeter insulation . Have you experienced any issue wihthat type of insulation?
Is this with your Hybrid Heatpump option, or conventional resistance heat element?  I've been wondering if a spa manufacturer would employ heatpump technology in their water heater.  It must be air to water, I assume there must be a blending of cabinet and outside air for this to work best.  Then the heatpump can move heat from cabinet air to the water when it is cold out and discharge heat to outside air when cooling the water in high temperature days.  Or does it have a remote condenser?  I would love to see a diagram of how this works.

The heatpump dont work below 0 degrees , all the testing have been made with a normal gecko 4kw heater

vangoghsear

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:21 pm »

The heatpump dont work below 0 degrees , all the testing have been made with a normal gecko 4kw heater

That's kind of what I thought.  I guess that's why you have to limit the savings with Heatpump to 50%.  Heatpump efficiency drops as ambient temps go down.  But HP operation down to 0 deg ('C' I assume) is not too bad, most heatpumps cut out at 40 deg F.

Does it use a remote condenser with the Hybrid Heatpump?

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 08:44:18 am »
I have the HS Envoy. Love it!

You can see it here.http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,16194.0.html
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 11:46:31 am »
wow first time in this thread, I needed a good laugh today....btw what the h*ll is a Vortex spa?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2013, 07:53:38 am »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2013, 11:59:31 am »

Envoy from Hotspring

Vortex Spa Nitro (There is no contest)

I totally dissagree! You haven't been equal in the way you represent each. You have a small picture of one and large pic of the one you're pulling for. You have one with a lounger and four seats, then another with two loungers and 3 seats. totally different set up! You are comparing a sedan with a trunk and a sedan station wagon. You have to give up one thing for something else. I didn't want two loungers in mine. Many don't even want one lounger in theirs, much less two. What's your point? That is a "six" person spa in other models but that one takes two seats to make a second lounger. And if you are just showing off the number of jets, then I would rather have well placed jets with the correct amount of pressure to accomodate them.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »
It's pretty damn awesome TwinCitiesHotSpring.  Don't knock it till you try it!  Spoiledrotten...  I looked at the Envoy at the local store here.  Sat in it etc.  I'm telling you the Vortex Spa I bought... the Nitro blows it away.  BLOWS IT AWAY.  The jet configuration, the number of jets, the seat configuration, where the circulation system is located, the options on deck and the price.  All much better.  To make it clear...  the Vortex was described by visitors as a BMW or Cadillac while the Hotspring Spas were described as Toyota or Ford.  My problems I experience were not with the spa.  I'd order it again tomorrow.  Still have never sat in a tub like it in my life.  Kudos to the shell designers!

I'm glad you've found your 'BMW' of spas....Happy Soaking to you and your family

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2013, 01:26:00 pm »
The Envoy has a solid long standing reputation and is backed by the largest manufacturer in the world. It will be more energy efficient and last longer. The Vortex, well the have a thousand spas on the ground.............
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »
Personally I hesitate to give credence to anyone who makes a claim that one spa "blows away" another spa when he uses "jet count" in his argument. Thats a tip off that either this person is a salesman or has just fallen for a salesman's pitch as is the comparison to a BMW/Cadillac while calling the Hot Spring a Toyota/Ford.

What would matter to me in deciding what to get would be the wet test results (feel and placement of the jets matter, jet count really doesn't) along with strong emphasis on overall quality history, energy efficiency, confidence that the warranty will be honored fully, etc.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:38:48 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2013, 04:19:17 pm »
I agree that a company doesn't "blow away" another company that is the in the top 5 manufacturers of hot tubs. Glad you're so happy with yours but I guarantee it will not stand as a Cadillac against a Hot Spring "Toyota". I'll have to agree that your post sounds more like a sales pitch from a sales rep than a new spa owner. Not trying to be too ugly here, but calling it like I see it. I hope I'm wrong and your just very proud of a new purchase.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2013, 04:19:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42