What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Avoid Hawkeye Manufacturing - Hawkeye and Barefoot spas  (Read 42002 times)

rosewoodsteel

Re: Avoid Hawkeye Manufacturing - Hawkeye and Barefoot spas
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 06:56:29 pm »
Spalifer,

Thanks for the update.
In my opinion, Hawkeye will only be doing the right thing by their customers, when they communicate with them and pay for their warranty issues.
Anything less is just lip service.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 06:56:29 pm »

TraceyMarshall

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 12:32:56 am »
Hawkeye and Barefoot spas scammed me out of $8,000. I do not recommend them at all. also the internet is full of terrible reviews of both the company and the product. Do not buy anything from them. Email me with any questions and i will be happy to tell you what they did to us. Its a nightmare!!!!

TraceyMarshall

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 12:48:27 am »
YES I AGREE 110%. THEY SCAMMED ME OUT OF $8,000.  We purchased a hot tub from them this past Sun. at their traveling show in Roanoke civic center. 3 hours later we saw lots of bad reviews and called our credit card company to cancel. We called the salesperson and the home office in Richmond. Told them not to deliver it that we cancelled it. They called us everyday demanding to deliver it. Fineally by wed. we told them if they did we would press charges on them for trespassing. They delivered it Thurs. in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!  Sometime between 2am and 6am. AND its not even the right hot tub. this is a different model, and is full of dirty ice rain water. They just threw it inbetween the street and the curb public sidewalk in front of my house at the bottom of the hill in my front yard. We called the company, and a lady named Jackie hung up on us 4 times as soon as we told her our name. Our local Police tried calling them and they wont answer for them. The owner fineally called us and said its ours, its been delivered and were "stuck with it".  Someone else named Matt called me saying "What gives you the right to think you can cancel it?"  It has been a nightmare. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, BUY FROM A NAMEBRAND REPUTIBLE COMPANY. NOT A FLY BY NIGHT COMPANY THAT HAS SCAMMED HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE OUT OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. ALSO WE LOOKED AND YOU CAN GET A MARQUIS OR HOT SPRINGS SPA FOR THE SAME PRICE.  I couldnt even imaging dealing with these people over warranty issues.  I have 4 kids and 1 is only 2 months old. I have alot better things I could be doing rather than deal with this nonsense. They need to be stopped. I would be willing to get a group together to picket their shows, spread the word, social media, ect.  Lets end this and hurt them in their wallet!!!MMKWA

dunecritter

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 11:54:08 am »
YES I AGREE 110%. THEY SCAMMED ME OUT OF $8,000.  We purchased a hot tub from them this past Sun. at their traveling show in Roanoke civic center. 3 hours later we saw lots of bad reviews and called our credit card company to cancel. We called the salesperson and the home office in Richmond. Told them not to deliver it that we cancelled it. They called us everyday demanding to deliver it. Fineally by wed. we told them if they did we would press charges on them for trespassing. They delivered it Thurs. in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!  Sometime between 2am and 6am. AND its not even the right hot tub. this is a different model, and is full of dirty ice rain water. They just threw it inbetween the street and the curb public sidewalk in front of my house at the bottom of the hill in my front yard. We called the company, and a lady named Jackie hung up on us 4 times as soon as we told her our name. Our local Police tried calling them and they wont answer for them. The owner fineally called us and said its ours, its been delivered and were "stuck with it".  Someone else named Matt called me saying "What gives you the right to think you can cancel it?"  It has been a nightmare. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, BUY FROM A NAMEBRAND REPUTIBLE COMPANY. NOT A FLY BY NIGHT COMPANY THAT HAS SCAMMED HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE OUT OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. ALSO WE LOOKED AND YOU CAN GET A MARQUIS OR HOT SPRINGS SPA FOR THE SAME PRICE.  I couldnt even imaging dealing with these people over warranty issues.  I have 4 kids and 1 is only 2 months old. I have alot better things I could be doing rather than deal with this nonsense. They need to be stopped. I would be willing to get a group together to picket their shows, spread the word, social media, ect.  Lets end this and hurt them in their wallet!!!MMKWA

WOW! Sorry to hear about all these issues with this manufacture...Always research research research ... I know you all know this now but for future potential purchasers...Buy NAME BRAND!!!...And you probably have a lot of things you'd rather spend your limited time with such as that new addition of your family (CONGRATS!!!) The very best of luck going forward is all I can say from here.

MileHighSpaTech

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 06:40:35 pm »
Wow! I own a service company in Denver and have done hawkeye service before they went out of business and have gotten paid on multiple events. 

Maybe I am an ahole but it sounds like this lady tried canceling a in stock product she bought and was taken from inventory.  Growing up working for the local sundance dealer they didn't allow cancellations either. 

Oh well just figured I would chime in having seen no problem with that company especially after they went under new ownership.  Most the problems people had was when the owner passed away and they were in shambles.  Since the new owner I seriously have seen great improvement.

What do I know though, I only work on these things.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 07:03:05 pm »
In Massachusetts by law you have 3 days to cancel

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 09:01:15 pm »
  The fact they delivered it in the middle of the night is bad enough!!   I have shot people for less than that!   That being said who knows when that originally happened?  MileHigh not sure what to think on your end, other that how bout them Seahawks   ;D   

stillerfan32

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 08:28:55 am »
Tracy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with Hawkeye Spas.  I definitely feel your frustration.  I was similarly frustrated last year when I had an issue with my 4 month old Hawkeye Spa and was unable to get in touch with anyone at Hawkeye. 

It appears that Barefoot Spras has taken over Hawkeye because I received the email below from Barefoot.  Luckily, I haven't had any issues with my Hot Tub since they finally sent me the replacement part but I wanted to share the contact info below to my fellow hot tub owners who have had issues with their Hawkeye spa.

To: stillerfan32
Subject: Barefoot Spas
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:54:49 -0500

Hello,
My name is Galen Hamilton, I am with Barefoot Spas. I was charged with the task of prowling the web and searching for unsatisfied customers and making sure they are satisfied. I am technical support and customer service. Is there anything I may be able to assist you with?
If  you have and questions you may call my company at the contact information listed below and I will be more than happy to help you.

I wish you a wonderful day.

Thanks!
Galen Hamilton Technical Support
Harnett MFG LLC dba Barefoot Spas
8401 Fort Darling Road
North Chesterfield, VA 23237
(804) 349-4241 Office
(804) 349-6065 Cell
galen.hamilton@barefootspas.com

dunecritter

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 08:33:55 am »
That's a step in the right direction...

Pers Onal

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 12:04:50 pm »
We purchased a hot tub from them this past Sun. at their traveling show in Roanoke civic center. 3 hours later we saw lots of bad reviews and called our credit card company to cancel.

I would continue the fight with the credit card company. Delivered wrong product in the middle of the night, with issues. No one signed for receipt. Etc.

Depending on the credit card branch of your bank and the laws of the state you live in, you probably still can fight payment successfully.

I would tell the credit card company that even if they put it on my credit report that I will not pay for it, and will dispute my record with the ratings agencies. Further, I would move all accounts from their bank to never do business with them again. I would go into and see someone of at least VP level and would not take no for an answer on the credit card people.

If that didn't do it, I would get a lawyer involved. If I had to spend 10k to keep them from getting a cent from me, I would do it.

One way or another, it is likely that pressure can be brought for the bank to do a chargeback. If the bank realizes that they will suffer the loss, and there will be a huge legal, possibly political and other hassle larger than is worth it they will do the chargeback if it is clearly in _their_ best interest. You have to be certain you will make it in their best interest.

Just my 2 cents.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:32:49 pm by Pers Onal »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »
This is actually pretty simple. You never accepted delivery of it. You never signed the delivery receipt. As far as the credit card company should be concerned, it was never actually delivered.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 06:08:47 pm »
This is actually pretty simple. You never accepted delivery of it. You never signed the delivery receipt. As far as the credit card company should be concerned, it was never actually delivered.

Yea and if you did get the credit card company to reverse the charges. Hook it up and use it until they come get it.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 06:09:51 pm »
if theres a restocking fee on the contact you will be liable for that fee , make sure you check it before taking legal procedure .

dunecritter

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 06:31:18 pm »
if theres a restocking fee on the contact you will be liable for that fee , make sure you check it before taking legal procedure .
Not sure if a "Restocking fee" would apply here ...They never signed that they ever received anything to restock....But then again like you stated...Look at your paperwork as it might include a boasting cancelation fee...Good tip!

Ryan VSO

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »
He placed the order and then decided to cancell it because he saw bad reviews about the product , if theres a cancelation fee or anything like that..... good luck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42