What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Tahitian vs Clearwater XS76NL  (Read 5796 times)

10-79

Caldera Tahitian vs Clearwater XS76NL
« on: May 02, 2013, 08:52:37 pm »
I'm looking at two used hot tubs (private party) and looking for advice. 

The Caldera Tahitian is approx 3 years old.  Includes cover, cover lifter, steps, new filter and an extra Frog cartridge.  Asking $3900.

The Clearwater XS76NL Signature is 1-2 years old.  The owner purchased it used from a dealer.  Includes cover and cover lifter.  Asking $3700.

Thanks for your input.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Tahitian vs Clearwater XS76NL
« on: May 02, 2013, 08:52:37 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Caldera Tahitian vs Clearwater XS76NL
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:03:56 pm »
What kind of shape is each in?  With no other info I would say that caldera makes a great tub but I'm not sure abut clearwater because I've never seen one.

10-79

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:36:05 pm »
What kind of shape is each in?  With no other info I would say that caldera makes a great tub but I'm not sure abut clearwater because I've never seen one.

Well I can only judge so far by pictures online.  Both sellers are approx 3 hours away in different directions.  The pictures look very good and they both say the tubs are in great shape.  But I'd need to see them in person to know for sure (which is my plan of course before making a commitment).
Thanks!

Wannatub

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:11:34 am »
If the Clearwater is indeed 1-2 years old, and the current owner got it used from a dealer somewhere, I'd be scratching my head wondering if I really wanted to be the third owner of a 3 year old hot tub...

10-79

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:57:46 pm »
If the Clearwater is indeed 1-2 years old, and the current owner got it used from a dealer somewhere, I'd be scratching my head wondering if I really wanted to be the third owner of a 3 year old hot tub...

Good point.  The fact that it went back to the dealer before being sold the second time gives me a bit more piece of mind.  If the current seller is to be believed, both he and the prior owner felt it ended up being too small for their larger families.  There's only two of us so I don't think that would be a problem.

10-79

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:59:23 pm »

Any opinions on the Frog cartridge system?  Does it work as advertised?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:37 pm »
The frog system is similar to the nature 2 system just more expensive I believe. It does work fairly well, just make sure to shock on a regular basis with a mps shock and once per week with a dichlor

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42