What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking at a Clearwater tub... opinions?  (Read 7024 times)

10-79

Looking at a Clearwater tub... opinions?
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »
On my previous post, I was looking at some Hot Spring hot tubs (new Hot Spot SX) or used tubs in my budget from $5-6,000.  Today I was at my local Costco and they have a Clearwater vendor there until tomorrow.  My wife and I were looking at the XS76L (lounger version), though if we were to purchase, I think we'd go with the non-lounger version.  The model includes 40 jets, ozone, circulation pump, 2 3.0 hp pumps, 20 year structural warranty, 5 year equipment, LED lighting outside and in each jet.  Also included is the cover and backyard delivery.  Stairs and cover lifter would be extra.  Though it's purchased at Costco, you're purchasing it through Clearwater directly.  The special pricing good until tomorrow is $5,500.  Any opinions on this deal?  Thanks guys!

Hot Tub Forum

Looking at a Clearwater tub... opinions?
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »

Sam

Re: Looking at a Clearwater tub... opinions?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 04:36:34 pm »
That is a great tub for the price point.  The warranty is much better than what you typically see in that price range.  It is a very well made tub.  That price is pretty good as well.  I bet you could get them to throw in the steps and lift at no charge.  At least the steps.  I would definitely take that Clearwater over the hot spot every time.  I think it's a fair deal and would go for it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:55:12 pm »
Clearwater makes a pretty good upper middle of the road tub. Was a local dealer selling them at Costco? Does it come with the Costco return policy?

The reason I ask is that if Costco has asked Clearwater to sell them tubs. Then they would of had to meet Costco pricing structure and that leads to manufacturers cutting corners to do so. And no one ever knows what corners were cut.
Retired

10-79

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:15:58 pm »
Thanks for the replies!  That's a good question regarding the local dealer or not.  I doubt it's a local dealer since the salesman's business card lists the corporate office/showroom address.  As far as corner-cutting, that's a good point.  I doubt he would be too candid if I asked.

I went by the local Hot Springs outlet today and looked at a Limelight Pulse.  Pricing was about $6,000, and if I remember correctly he said he'd add ozone at that price (along with cover and delivery).  Any thoughts on that compared to the Clearwater?

10-79

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 10:46:39 am »
Just realized I typo'd the last post.  It was a Hot Spring Bolt quoted for $6,000, not the Pulse.  Sorry about that.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:04:15 am »
Clearwater makes a pretty good upper middle of the road tub. Was a local dealer selling them at Costco? Does it come with the Costco return policy?

The reason I ask is that if Costco has asked Clearwater to sell them tubs. Then they would of had to meet Costco pricing structure and that leads to manufacturers cutting corners to do so. And no one ever knows what corners were cut.

That xs76L is the same tub that dealers sell.  No corners cut and a pretty good deal.  Clearwater made a different line for Costco where they did cut corners and called them "Divine".  I am very familiar with both. 

10-79

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 05:28:13 pm »

That xs76L is the same tub that dealers sell.  No corners cut and a pretty good deal.  Clearwater made a different line for Costco where they did cut corners and called them "Divine".  I am very familiar with both. 

Thanks for that clarification Sam.  Clearwater leaves Costco today, I guess it was only a 1 week deal.  Having trouble deciding... go with the Clearwater or save up for 6 months - 1 year longer to afford a Hot Spring Sovereign or Prodigy.  Just went to a Hot Spring dealer today and loved the seating in both of them.  But I'd be looking at another $3k for the Prodigy or $4k for the Sovereign.  How to decide...?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:47:59 am »
Can you finance the $3 to $4000?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

10-79

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 12:22:12 pm »
Can you finance the $3 to $4000?

Yes, financing is an option.  But... since we paid off all of our non-mortgage debt earlier this year, we're not eager to start accumulating more.  I did just see a 2008 Envoy on Craigslist for $4900.  It's being sold by an independent dealer that rebuilds used hot tubs.  They include a cover, new filters and 30 day warranty.  Any thoughts on spending that much for a used?  Seems to me spending another $3500 on a new one makes more sense.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 12:22:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42