What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cost of 2013 Limelight Pulse  (Read 13225 times)

newguy35

Cost of 2013 Limelight Pulse
« on: May 19, 2013, 03:19:04 pm »
Hello all,

I will be purchasing a new hot tub at some point in the not-too-distant future.  I have never owned a tub before, so I have been doing a lot of research and have been saving up!  In any event, I have settled on a Limelight Pulse.  I was hoping to get an idea from those in the know what I can expect to pay for a new 2013 Pulse.  I live in Rhode Island, and will want an ozonator, steps, cover/cover lifter included.  I was planning on pulling the trigger in October; I'm not sure if that matters but my understanding is at the end of the year I may be able to get a somewhat reduced price as the dealer will want to make room for the 2014's. I know there is some haggling and negotiating that I can expect, but I want to go into the dealership armed with the knowledge of what would be a fair price.  Of course I want to do the best I can, but I don't want to be completely unrealistic.  I know nobody can tell me for sure, but perhaps some of you dealers out there can give some friendly advice and/or possible numbers.  Any and all information would be so greatly appreciated!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Cost of 2013 Limelight Pulse
« on: May 19, 2013, 03:19:04 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Cost of 2013 Limelight Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 05:08:37 pm »
post or pm me your quote and I'll let you know if it falls within "fair price range"

Brp72

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:44:06 pm »
I was looking at the Pulse about a month go but ended up going with the Sundance Optima instead.  The local Hot Springs dealer in St.Louis quoted me $9145 for the Pulse.  I ended up paying more for the Optima but I feel it is a better made tub and more comfortable for us.  Good luck. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:52:55 am »
I was looking at the Pulse about a month go but ended up going with the Sundance Optima instead.  The local Hot Springs dealer in St.Louis quoted me $9145 for the Pulse.  I ended up paying more for the Optima but I feel it is a better made tub and more comfortable for us.  Good luck.
I can understand choosing one over the other.  Wonder why you think the Sundance is better made. I have never heard that one before.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

newguy35

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:44:53 pm »
I appreciate the comments so far. Anyone out there in the New England area who has purchased a Limelight Pulse within the last year or so?  I just want to have an idea in mind when I do go into the dealer to negotiate.  I don't want to make a fool out of myself with a super lower offer, and not be taken seriously, but I also don't want to shortchange myself by going higher than I really have to. 

Jac-470

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 05:25:22 pm »
If you not totally sold on the H.S., the dealer I bought my Jacuzzi smoke all H.S. and Sundace prices and gave me great service. There out of Mass.

bimmerdog

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:59:28 pm »
[/size]
I can understand choosing one over the other.  Wonder why you think the Sundance is better made. I have never heard that one before.

Let me see if I have this right...in 20 years you have never heard anyone say that they "feel" that Sundance is better made or any hot tub is better made?  Or are you saying that no tub manufacture in the world can make a tub as good or better then Hot Springs? 

I always look at it this way.  If there are two companies making the same sort of product there will always be "ours is better then the other guys"   So when Hot Springs has 100% market share then we won't have this conversation :)

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:32 am »
Let me see if I have this right...in 20 years you have never heard anyone say that they "feel" that Sundance is better made or any hot tub is better made?  Or are you saying that no tub manufacture in the world can make a tub as good or better then Hot Springs? 

That's what he said. 

Now that we clarified that, could we not argue in yet another thread. 

I don't mind finding out why one thinks tub "A" may be built better than tub "B."  Do share!

Wannatub

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 02:27:39 pm »
I was price shopping for a Pulse a  month or so ago in NH when I fell into a good deal on a pre-owned Vanguard ... in any event, I was looking to beat a price of around $8,800 when I changed direction... 

In my view, the brewing Pulse v. Optima argument is really not at all valid.  The Optima is from the 880 series and the Pulse is a Limelight.  To make it fair, you'd have to make a Pulse (Limelight) v. Chelsee (780) - or - Optima (880) v. Grandee (Highlife) comparison.  At least then you'd be bickering over models from each company's comparable line ups, which is not to say opinions wouldn't be just as strong but it'd be an apples to apples feud.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 03:39:37 pm »
 Both spa's are built nice and very good quality, but the specs and features are whats different.  And FWIW I get people in that do say that about the limelight series, not that it's a bad spa, they just say it doesn't look as well built..

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 03:44:32 pm »
Both spa's are built nice and very good quality, but the specs and features are whats different.  And FWIW I get people in that do say that about the limelight series, not that it's a bad spa, they just say it doesn't look as well built..

same pumps, same warranty, same jet count, pulse has a 5/7yr warranty which is the same and build quality is just as good as a jacuzzi...insulation on the Pulse is even better unless they've upgraded from a 1/2lb foam..and it has a 24hr circ. pump...Optima will have more variety on the jets though, so make sure you wet test....again they are close but not identical
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:46:29 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 04:15:30 pm »

same pumps, same warranty, same jet count, pulse has a 5/7yr warranty which is the same and build quality is just as good as a jacuzzi...insulation on the Pulse is even better unless they've upgraded from a 1/2lb foam..and it has a 24hr circ. pump...Optima will have more variety on the jets though, so make sure you wet test....again they are close but not identical

Might be the same jet count but the jets are not the same, nor is the filtration or the circ pump.  I could try and explain all this to you but it wouldn't matter like I have said before..     I had all this other stuff typed out but erased it, I don't want to start an brillskill/bimmerdog argument with you.. 

Later, the day started off good   ;D    J-315 and a J-425 in the books.. 

Brp72

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 11:01:23 pm »
To me the fluidix jets beat anything in the Pulse. The Optima just seemed to be of a Higher build quality than the Pulse. I liked the look of the stainless jets and the control module was nicer IMO.

I am not disparaging the Pulse by any means it just wasn't for us. The Optima seemed to offer more therapy jets and the power was amazing.  I take delivery of it Wednesday and am looking forward to it. We looked at the Vanguard too but I wanted 4 good seats and I didn't particularly care for the motto massage.   Just my two cents worth

bimmerdog

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 02:52:54 pm »

That's what he said. 

Now that we clarified that, could we not argue in yet another thread. 

I don't mind finding out why one thinks tub "A" may be built better than tub "B."  Do share!

Why do some on this site get so touchy when a question is asked.  All I said ...well you can read so you know what I asked.  I have been reading post on here  for awhile and finally joined when I was looking at buying a tub. In that time I have seen many post where some one had AN OPINION that one tub was better then another. I just had a hard time with a person that has been in the business for 20 years (his words) and never heard any one say they thought Sundance was better then Hot Springs. 

I think Sundance is better the Hot Springs because it fit my needs better.  I liked the control panel better.  I liked the jet lay out better. I liked the access to the component compartment better. I liked the way the Sundance has for draining the tub better. 

I'm just a normal consumer.  I bought what I thought was better.  The same reason I bought a Ford truck over a Chevy.  It's nice some times for potential buyers to get opinions from normal consumers who actually own a particular tub on their likes and dislikes of that tub. 

Some on here sell tubs for their lively hood.  Of course their opinions will lean a little towards their products.  That is perfectly fine. I hope they stand up for their products. It's nice to get opinions from consumers and sellers.

If I post wrong info on here call me on it.  If I read things that I think are not right or need to be explained I will call that person on it.   It's not an argument as some say it is to try and find real answers and not just what some one was told to say. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 02:52:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42