What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Vanguard $8200. Good deal?  (Read 20973 times)

HT2020

Hot Springs Vanguard $8200. Good deal?
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »
So I think I'm finally locked into a Hot Springs Vanguard for $8200.  It does not include delivery and setup ($300).  It does include subpanel, ozone, starter chems, cover.  The dealer is throwing in any accessories that I would want for 50% off eg: CoverMate 1 for $100.  I'm not sure right now what other accessories I would need but it would probably be a good time to get them.  The dealer did not seem very fond of the ACE salt system and kind of advised me to stay away from it.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Vanguard $8200. Good deal?
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »

kurt6137

Re: Hot Springs Vanguard $8200. Good deal?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 01:57:51 pm »
Go for it, I just bought a 2013 Hot Springs Sovereign, steps (cheaper kind, but i ended up going back and getting the ever wood steps, paid about $220 more.) everything, sub panel, lifter, cover, delivery, ended up being about $8600.00 got a solar cover thrown in, you use these to conserve more energy, cut them out to the shape of your tub, I know there a pain in the ass to remove and install for some people, but to me its worth it. My only problem is, I had to order my Hot springs, they did not have the shell color I wanted, now am dying to be in it, should be here no later than the 2nd week in April, I am hoping sooner.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:39 pm »
So I think I'm finally locked into a Hot Springs Vanguard for $8200.  It does not include delivery and setup ($300).  It does include subpanel, ozone, starter chems, cover.  The dealer is throwing in any accessories that I would want for 50% off eg: CoverMate 1 for $100.  I'm not sure right now what other accessories I would need but it would probably be a good time to get them.  The dealer did not seem very fond of the ACE salt system and kind of advised me to stay away from it.

Actually $8500 for a delivered Vanguard is a very good price and thats not including the 50% off for accessories so while you're at it get some good steps with it.

HT2020

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:01:14 pm »
Are there any other accessories I should load up on while I'm getting the discount?  For example, should I puchase one year's worth of chemicals?  Anything else?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:32 pm »
Are there any other accessories I should load up on while I'm getting the discount?  For example, should I puchase one year's worth of chemicals?  Anything else?

Chlorine maybe but on other chems I'd wait. I'd get a spare filter, always a good thing to have.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »
I'd look at getting the model F cover lifter (easiest to operate), some spare filters, filter cleaner (maybe a filter cleaning tool if they carry those), a spa vac and maybe a pre-filter depending on your water source.  :)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 02:56:28 pm »
The dealer is throwing in any accessories that I would want for 50% off eg: CoverMate 1 for $100. 

I'm very surprised that any HotSpring dealer would sell Covermate, at least for a HotSpring Spa. Sure, they are good for non-HS tubs without the metal inserts in the cover, but why not fit your spa with a Cover Cradle, Lift 'n Glide or Cover Uprite? For one thing, they are warranted by the same makers as your tub, they do NOT lift the cover by the hinge nor do they pry the two halves of the cover apart as a lift with a bar in the hinge does, AND they are much smoother and easier to use.

If you can get one of THOSE for half off, I would go for it.

In fact, if your dealer won't, let me know. I'll work something out for you.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HT2020

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 12:33:17 am »
THanks Chas,
It appears that the Cover Cradle requires 24 inches of clearance in the rear for the pivot clearance.  I'm getting a Vanguard and am not sure that I will have that much space (especially if it winds up requiring more than 24''). The covermate II requires only 18 inches.  I tried to find pictures online of both these models to see how high above the spa surface they sit and I think they were pretty similar.  I think that the Covermate I requires only 10" clearance but it sits too high for my taste.  Do you think I could squeeze the Cover Cradle in less than 24 inches?

HT2020

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:50:20 am »
I'd look at getting the model F cover lifter (easiest to operate), some spare filters, filter cleaner (maybe a filter cleaning tool if they carry those), a spa vac and maybe a pre-filter depending on your water source.  :)

Soak-King, what is Model F?  I'm only familiar with the Cover Cradle, Lift and Glide and Uprite models from Hot Springs.  Does anyone know how high up the "Lift and Glide" will keep the cover?  I'm trying to find a system that will keep it as low as possible but not require more than 18 inches of clearance in the rear.

10-79

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 01:12:56 pm »

Actually $8500 for a delivered Vanguard is a very good price and thats not including the 50% off for accessories so while you're at it get some good steps with it.

I was quoted $8300 for a Prodigy yesterday and that only included cover and delivery.  Salesman also said it typically comes 110, so I'd need to pay a couple hundred more for the sub panel which I though always came included on the Highlife models.  Any opinions on what a good price for the Prodigy would be?  It was the first price he gave me but he said it was 'bottom line pricing.' 

agapio

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 03:30:54 am »
Hi,

I liked Vangurad too and couple dealers in Bay Area,CA quoted total price $10500.00 now reading this post make me think why such big difference ?

tks,

agapio

agapio

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 01:13:53 am »
Anyone has any comments regarding price I was mention in above threads?

tks,

Agapio

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:39 am »
Hi,

I liked Vangurad too and couple dealers in Bay Area,CA quoted total price $10500.00 now reading this post make me think why such big difference ?

tks,

agapio

In reality the $8200 price that this thread is about is a crazy good deal that you'll seldom find anywhere so its not a great gauge for this model. I think for the Bay area your price is pretty good for a Vanguard but try to negotiate a better deal by all means. Where you live does have an effect on pricing. A dealer in Nebraska will sell it for less but he also has a much smaller lease, cost of doing business, cost of living for his area... If you shop other dealers in the Bay area you'll find pricing for other brands is higher than in other markets as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42