What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on hot tub purchase  (Read 4683 times)

10-79

Advice on hot tub purchase
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »
We sold our old Clearwater hot tub with our old house.  Looking for some advice on our next purchase.  We're trying to keep our budget around $5000 and it appears tough to find a new quality tub for that price.  So, we've been looking at Craigslist for a quality used tub.  Any opinions on the following as far as the tub itself and the price would be appreciated:

2006 Sovereign sold by private party.  Recently replaced circulation pump, filters and cover.  Includes cover lifter, stairs, chemicals and sub panel.  I checked it out in person and appears well-maintained, though I'd probably want a professional to do a once over before making a commitment.  Seller is  asking $4,000. 

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on hot tub purchase
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Advice on hot tub purchase
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 11:48:40 pm »
Private party sale I would say that price is a little high. The tub is 7 years old. I would get an independent tech ut to look it over and offer something closer to $3000

LisaN75

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:31:34 am »
Check your local dealer for used hot tubs and talk to a sales person about the budget you would like to stay in.  Some people will trade theirs in for a newer model. 

10-79

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:03:27 pm »
I agree that $4000 seemed high, especially given the deals other people on the forum have gotten for used Hot Spring tubs.  I'm not sold going the used route so I stopped by a Hot Spring dealer yesterday but there wasn't much in my price range. 

My wife liked the Hot Spot SX, but $5500 seemed high for that as well (though that was quoted as a great sales price and there was only 1 left at that price).  It only included the stairs and delivery.  Ozone and circulation pump would be an extra $500.  Any opinions on that model and price?  Thanks!!   

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:41 pm »
That's probably a pretty good price for that tub.  How big of a tub are you looking for?  You should also check out nordic, freeflow and Viking to see if you have any dealers close by.  Each of those manufacturers have quality options in your price level

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:46 am »
I agree that $4000 seemed high, especially given the deals other people on the forum have gotten for used Hot Spring tubs.  I'm not sold going the used route so I stopped by a Hot Spring dealer yesterday but there wasn't much in my price range. 

My wife liked the Hot Spot SX, but $5500 seemed high for that as well (though that was quoted as a great sales price and there was only 1 left at that price).  It only included the stairs and delivery.  Ozone and circulation pump would be an extra $500.  Any opinions on that model and price?  Thanks!!

It sounds like they're trying to make a deal with you. That is a good price and a good spa for the money, I doubt you'll find that model at a better price and $500 extra for the circ and ozone is very fair but you don't necessarily need it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:12:25 am by Hot Spring Ace »

10-79

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »
The SX is the smallest we would go but we like to move around to different seats quite a bit. We like a cool down seat as well if possible. 

If I remember correctly, the salesman said the SX has a low and high jet setting, but if we added the circulation pump, it would take away the low setting.  We often like to sit in the tub with low jets on so that it's a bit more quiet.  Does this sound right?  We didn't have a lot of time to clarify things since it was very busy in the showroom.  Maybe we'd just go with the ozone only.

We also checked out the Relay.  I think the quote was $6500 with cover and delivery.  Any opinions on this tub?  Thanks again!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42