What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time Purchase... HELP NEEDED!  (Read 3138 times)

BigGrabowski87

First time Purchase... HELP NEEDED!
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:34:33 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I have a million questions. I'm soon ready to make my first 6 person, 8 foot hot tub purchase and I need some advise. I been looking at many manufactures and Arctic Spa and Maax seems like high quality tubs. I wet tested the arctic spa Tundra series with 3 pumps. It had the stereo system with sub woofer, bar with stools, cedar cabinet and WIFI. I can get the showroom floor model that's been used for 1 year indoors. The sales person said it's very rarely wet tested and seemed in overall good condition. I can get it for $13,400.  Seems kinda expensive and honestly bit more than I wanted to spend. How are these tubs and does this seem like a fair price? Arctic seems to be a higher price point than most.. Is it worth it?  I like how it's not foam filled and the forever floor is a plus. Also the cover seems really well built. The MAAX had similar features for around $9999.  Overall I need something for intense massage around neck and shoulders. My wife was in a bad accident and this is used for medical therapy. I'm big on quality products and reliability.  Any other brands I should look at? How do these deals sound.? All help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

First time Purchase... HELP NEEDED!
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:34:33 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: First time Purchase... HELP NEEDED!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 05:47:36 pm »
Ill start this one by saying that IN MY OPINION the 2 tubs are not in the same league. You have Maxx a middle of the road brand that has confining seating and sells on hype rather than substance. Then you have Arctic that is close to a top tier brand but over priced. They both insulate the same way with Arctic doing the style of insulation as close to right as you can and Maxx, well trying to get it right.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57:22 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I have a million questions. I'm soon ready to make my first 6 person, 8 foot hot tub purchase and I need some advise. I been looking at many manufactures and Arctic Spa and Maax seems like high quality tubs. I wet tested the arctic spa Tundra series with 3 pumps. It had the stereo system with sub woofer, bar with stools, cedar cabinet and WIFI. I can get the showroom floor model that's been used for 1 year indoors. The sales person said it's very rarely wet tested and seemed in overall good condition. I can get it for $13,400.  Seems kinda expensive and honestly bit more than I wanted to spend. How are these tubs and does this seem like a fair price? Arctic seems to be a higher price point than most.. Is it worth it?  I like how it's not foam filled and the forever floor is a plus. Also the cover seems really well built. The MAAX had similar features for around $9999.  Overall I need something for intense massage around neck and shoulders. My wife was in a bad accident and this is used for medical therapy. I'm big on quality products and reliability.  Any other brands I should look at? How do these deals sound.? All help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Arctic is a good brand and thats a big tub with music and other add ons but at teh same time $13.4k is egtting up there for a hot tub whether its a floor model or not. I'd mark them as a possibility and see what other options you have and then wet test the top 2 or 3 that seem like the best options. I'm not sure who else is in your area but other brands I'd consider are Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance because I know all of them are well made, backed by solid companies and well insulated. If you go to the websites of each brand they always have a dealer locator where you can see who might be in your area
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42