What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2008 Hot Spring Grandee  (Read 5785 times)

Chiadrum

2008 Hot Spring Grandee
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:29:42 am »
Hi all-on the verge of buying a used  2008 Grandee from an older couple,unit is still under warrantee as they took delivery in 09 and everything appears to be working fine.Still I am going to get an independent inspection done just for peace of mind.Make sure there are no leaks or issues brewing.
Purchase price is a firm 4k but seems reasonable for that tub.Local dealer just sold a 2000 that was listed for 4500!
My question is does anyone here have feedback about that specific year/model?I do see a good bit of positive feedback here about that era Grandee in general which is a good thing.Just wondering if anyone has any stories to share,positive or negative.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

2008 Hot Spring Grandee
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:29:42 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: 2008 Hot Spring Grandee
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:37 am »
Warranty is valid to the ORIGINAL purchaser only. Once it changes hands, there's NO warranty.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:19:30 am »
Hi all-on the verge of buying a used  2008 Grandee from an older couple,unit is still under warrantee as they took delivery in 09 and everything appears to be working fine.Still I am going to get an independent inspection done just for peace of mind.Make sure there are no leaks or issues brewing.
Purchase price is a firm 4k but seems reasonable for that tub.Local dealer just sold a 2000 that was listed for 4500!
My question is does anyone here have feedback about that specific year/model?I do see a good bit of positive feedback here about that era Grandee in general which is a good thing.Just wondering if anyone has any stories to share,positive or negative.
Thanks

I have a 1999 Grandee that has been great for me though yours would be considerably newer and with more features but with the same great open-seated layout. The inspection is a great idea and Dr Spa is correct about the warranty but if the inspection finds an issue the owner would have a chance to take care of it before the ownership change.

Chiadrum

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:15:58 pm »
Yes I am aware that the warranty applies to the original owner only thanks-hence the inspection Before we buy!I am going with an independent inspector as well,why would the Hot Spring dealer on the hook for repairs tell me about an issue when they could wait for ownership to change hands?
Keep the feedback coming and I'll let ya'll know what happens.
Thanks!

Flyonthewall

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:22:10 pm »
its a good price for that unit, especially if they've maintained it well.  don't spend too much on the inspection.  not much they will find that you couldn't by operating all  the levers and pumps, verifying it is heating, and checking for signs of leaking.  if you can get them to flush it before they drain it.  otherwise you will have to fill it at home, then flush it and refill it to start out right.  try to get them to throw in a set of filters if they haven't replaced them.  you'll be on the hook for $300+ in another year or so if they haven't. 

Chiadrum

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 01:44:19 pm »
Thanks Fly on the Wall-I do intend to get the full service history from the local dealer before we purchase.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 01:44:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42