What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is The Price Right? (Jacuzzi J-385)  (Read 15005 times)

bnwbaron

Is The Price Right? (Jacuzzi J-385)
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:28:37 am »
Hello all,

I have been shopping for a used spa all over southern california and found one I like.  Its the right size, shape, look, brand, etc.  However, I want a reality check from someone who knows the business before I pull the trigger. 

The hot tub:
Jacuzzi J-385
Mfg. 12/2006
4 pumps, waterfalls, LED, Ozone, pretty loaded.
In nearly perfect condition.  Slight crazing on one edge, but no more.  Clean inside and out.
The story from the dealer is that Jacuzzi used it as a floor model then put it aside until now.  Seems odd for it to be on a shelf this long, but like I said.....It's spotless, so maybe.  Wet tested good. 

So the deal is:

$5625 and that includes:
Tax, new cover, lift, steps, chemicals, CRANE delivery, hook up, 2 years parts and labor warranty.  Established dealer with an actual location and good Yelp reviews.

I guess my hesitation is that for almost 6k I'm buying a 6 1/2 year old spa.  (With a lot included, I think) Is Jacuzzi a good enough product to justify this price?

Thank you in advance for any responses....AND a big thank you to this community for all the information you have provided me via the forums over the last month of my spa search.

Brian
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:25:51 am by bnwbaron »

Hot Tub Forum

Is The Price Right? (Jacuzzi J-385)
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:28:37 am »

fishn4life

Re: Is The Price Right? (Jacuzzi J-385)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35:28 am »
I know there are a lot of dealers in so cal, but if you're referring to the 06 from a dealer in 92626 you need to pm me.  I know it's a long shot but just in case....

mandtra

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:13:50 am »
7 Years old ,    IMO  i think it's over priced .   how much can you get it for in your area .  NEW  ?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:25:29 am »

$5625 and that includes:
Tax, new cover, lift, steps, chemicals, CRANE delivery, hook up, 2 years parts and labor warranty.  Established dealer with an actual location and good Yelp reviews.

I guess my hesitation is that for almost 6k I'm buying a 6 1/2 year old spa.  (With a lot included, I think) Is Jacuzzi a good enough product to justify this price?

Thank you in advance for any responses....AND a big thank you to this community for all the information you have provided me via the forums over the last month of my spa search.

Brian

In general I'd say a 6½ year old spa should go for about 30% of what it origianlly cost (± depending on condition) if buying used from just anyone. In this case however its from a dealer and includes the tax, delivery, crane, new cover, lifter, steps, hookup and 2 year warranty which all add a lot to what it should go for. That makes it tougher to gauge. I'd say thats maybe a little high but not a high as I first thought upon further review with all that included and that warranty is key since it usually is only 3 to 6 months at most spa dealers so 2 years is great. I'd offer $4.5k out the door and look to settle in between.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:33:31 pm »
  The J-385 was discontinued a least 4 or 5 years ago if not more, it was a great design, Jacuzzi should not have let it go.  I think the price is a bit high, but like mentioned.  New cover 300 bucks, boom truck around here 350.00 2 year warranty hard to price.  By hook up does that mean electrical?    Also depends what his tax rate is as well, say another 4 or 500 bucks.     

bnwbaron

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 06:10:58 pm »
Thanks for the responses so far.  Fish....For whatever reason, I can't get this to PM you.  Access is forbidden.  Can you email me at mac26inc@aol.com
I'll contact you right away

I'll try the PM again from a different computer later.

"hook up" means attach existing electrical (which already cost me 1k to run from the panel, under house, under ground, etc. from my electrician)  Tax is about $425.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:34:55 pm by bnwbaron »

fishn4life

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 11:00:17 am »
Forgot to mention, a friend bought a used tub a while back, he did a bunch of research to and swears by this stuff:
[url]http://www.amazon.com/SeaKlear-Spa-System-Flush-1-Pint/dp/B0049BO1MO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2D06OM6C21D71&coliid=I1P4UDU5B551M/url]
Only $14 but since you're buying used you want to decon it....
Let me know how everything works out....

dakota

Re: Is The Price Right and Reviews on new 2013 Jacuzzi J-LX & LXL
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 08:43:36 pm »
Hi, not sure about the J-385 but looking for some input and a review and price for the new 2013 Jacuzzi J-LXL.  The dealer is asking $10,900 and wondering if this is a good price.

New to the forum and can't seem to find the place to post a new question - so sorry to "tag" onto yours :o).

Generally what I've seen of the new Jacuzzi line looks good; Clear Ray, hydrotherapy jets, styling, etc.  just not sure if i need to ask for a better price.

Any feed back on this new Jacuzzi tub?  Also the new BlueWave Speakers?  Worth the $900 extra or skip it?  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Is The Price Right and Reviews on new 2013 Jacuzzi J-LX & LXL
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 08:43:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42