What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My 2013 Sundance Optima is home  (Read 31139 times)

bimmerdog

My 2013 Sundance Optima is home
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:23:23 pm »
The day finally came and the tub found its new home

A perfect day for a hot tub delivery 26 degrees

Because of the snow all the way around the house they could use a cool plastic sled

The tub is in its final resting place

Valentines Eve

Should have waited till it was darker but I wanted to see what the temp was so I took the pictures with the different color lights on.
One real quick observation.  The new Bluewave Bluetooth sound system is incredible.  Over all I am extremely happy with how everything turned out.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:13:18 pm by bimmerdog »

Hot Tub Forum

My 2013 Sundance Optima is home
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:23:23 pm »

fishn4life

Re: My 2013 Sundance Optima is home
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:15:37 am »
Looks great! Congrats.....

I'm taking a guess here - Colorado?

Jac-470

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:16 am »
Looks sweet. I can't wait for mine to come in. We just got 30" of snow, so hopefully they will be able to get mine in my spot.

bimmerdog

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:50:48 am »
Looks great! Congrats.....

I'm taking a guess here - Colorado?

Close but no.  Salt Lake City.  Been a good winter so far.  The valley has had 50 inches so far and Alta ski resort is pushing 300 inches.

bimmerdog

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:55:34 am »
Looks sweet. I can't wait for mine to come in. We just got 30" of snow, so hopefully they will be able to get mine in my spot.

Check with your store and see if they have the same system they used on mine. It was a thick plastic sheet with hand holes that they put straps through and pull it through the snow.

I did shovel a 5 foot path all the way to the patio.  I got it down to almost the grass.  It was amazing how easy they were able to move the tub.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 03:12:26 pm »
  Looks great!!   I have never seen the plastic thing used for delivering a spa.  Neat idea.    We don't get enough snow nor is around long when we do.. 

bimmerdog

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:42:11 pm »
  Looks great!!   I have never seen the plastic thing used for delivering a spa.  Neat idea.    We don't get enough snow nor is around long when we do..

I was really surprised when they told me how they were going to move the tub.  It worked like a charm. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 03:56:46 pm »

Check with your store and see if they have the same system they used on mine. It was a thick plastic sheet with hand holes that they put straps through and pull it through the snow.

I did shovel a 5 foot path all the way to the patio.  I got it down to almost the grass.  It was amazing how easy they were able to move the tub.

Getting it  down to almost the grass was probably perfect. Nice pictures, When I'm sitting in my Majesta tonight, I'll be facing west, towards you, thinking if your in it!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bimmerdog

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 04:02:07 pm »

Getting it  down to almost the grass was probably perfect. Nice pictures, When I'm sitting in my Majesta tonight, I'll be facing west, towards you, thinking if your in it!

Thanks  I will be in it.  I'm starting to look like a prune :P 

JohnnyK45

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 10:51:18 am »
Looks great, enjoy!

J

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 01:41:45 pm »
Anyone else notice the outlet and disconnect on the wall next to the spa? If either are within 5' of the spa, they're major code violations and death by electrocution hazards.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

bimmerdog

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 01:54:39 pm »
Anyone else notice the outlet and disconnect on the wall next to the spa? If either are within 5' of the spa, they're major code violations and death by electrocution hazards.
Nice try. To bad you have no idea what you are talking about.  It is not for the spa.  It is an GFI outlet that is behind the tub I had installed for Christmas lights and again if you would ask before making a stupid statement, I had to have it all OK by the city before anything was installed.  But hey, thanks for caring so much.

Forgot to mention. The spa disconnect is on the other wall that is 15 feet away from the tub. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:56:54 pm by bimmerdog »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »
Nice try. To bad you have no idea what you are talking about.  It is not for the spa.  It is an GFI outlet that is behind the tub I had installed for Christmas lights and again if you would ask before making a stupid statement, I had to have it all OK by the city before anything was installed.  But hey, thanks for caring so much.

Forgot to mention. The spa disconnect is on the other wall that is 15 feet away from the tub.

::)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »
If you reread my original post "If either are within 5' of the spa,"

It makes no difference what the electric outlet or circuit is for. If it's within 5', it's a serious code violation, and an even more serious safety hazard.

The outlet looks to possibly be less than 5' from the spa. If it is, and your inspector approved it, he's an idiot and your safety, and that of anyone using the spa is in serious jeopardy. GFCI or NOT, it DOESN'T matter.

Near the back right corner of the spa (just above the cover in your picture) there appears to be an electrical box on the wall (looks like what's commonly used as a pull out disconnect for an air conditioner).. If this is live voltage, over 24v, and is closer than 5' to the spa, it too is a violation of national electrical code, and an EXTREME danger to anyone using the spa. Again, if this is correct, and your inspector approved it, he's an idiot. It make no difference if it's electricity for the spa, or to light the statue of liberty.

All I can go off of is the pictures you posted. If I'm incorrect, my apologies for being concerned and making an attempt to protect the lives of others.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:56:05 pm by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

bimmerdog

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »
I will let the inspector know that he is an idiot. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42