What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer Location & Test Soaks  (Read 6527 times)

jessoakin

Dealer Location & Test Soaks
« on: May 26, 2004, 01:01:09 pm »
I'm out to buy my first hot tub and this forum has been very helpful to me in learning about them.  Thanks.  

My question concerns the importance of dealer proximity to me.  There aren't many dealers close to me and only a few of the products that receive the highest recommendations are represented.  Intuitively, it seems to me that I am more likely to get better service from a local dealer than I am a distant one.  Additionally, most of the tubs are starting to look the same.  Are there so many unique tubs that it makes sense to leave no stone unturned in the search for "the perferct tub," or are they all so similar that it is enough to find one with a majority of the features that are important to me, built by a quality manufacturer, and sold by a local dealer with good references?

Regarding test soaking, I have identified 3 tubs that I like, but only one of them has water in it.  I have sat in the other 2 but the dealers are not very interested in filling them for me.  One of them said that I can test soak in a different model that has the same or similar seats.  Is that good enough?

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer Location & Test Soaks
« on: May 26, 2004, 01:01:09 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Dealer Location & Test Soaks
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 01:18:23 pm »
I'm out to buy my first hot tub and this forum has been very helpful to me in learning about them.  Thanks.  
(SNIP)

.  There aren't many dealers close to me and only a few of the products that receive the highest recommendations are represented.   One of them said that I can test soak in a different model that has the same or similar seats.  Is that good enough?

Can I ask where you live? Whjat mfgs are close by?
As for the last point,  take a look at the differences (and I can understand dealers with limited space can't fill all of them)   What are the differences?  If the size is different, I'm of the opinion the wet test would be less than a good judgement basis.    Bigger and smaller models of the same brand can use different pumps and controls so I don't see a lot to be gained. And if you and/or your spouse all taller or shorter than the average person, the fit won't feel the same in a different size tub.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 02:25:44 pm »
If the tubs are using the same pumps...but maybe one is a model with or without the lounger and that is the main difference...than wet testing it should give you a good idea about the spa....as wmccall mentioned...if they are totally different than it is really of no use for you...what part of the country are you in....perhaps someone here knows of dealer near you they can refer...

jessoakin

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 02:43:17 pm »
I'm close to Danbury, CT.  Of the recommended manufacturers, Masterspa, Sundance, Hot Spring and Dimension 1 have local dealers.  Available space limits us to a tub no larger than about 7' x 7' and we favor the Masterspa 750 and Sundance Marin and Altamar based on what we have seen so far.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 03:10:46 pm »
I'm close to Danbury, CT. .

Based on your price and size restrictions, I would recommend you give Dynasty a try.  Your closest dealer is

Pool Doctor
317 Larkfield Rd.
East Northport
NY, 11731
Phone: 631-368-1330
Fax: 631-368-1071
38 miles away

I'm happy with my larger 7 person tub and I have seen the insides of the 7 footers and the components are the same.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 03:29:19 pm »
You may want to look at the Marquis Reward silver anniversary model…it fits the size dimensions you are looking for…you can go to their web site to find a local dealer…just a suggestion….

poolboy34

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 12:38:16 am »
you might want to check out the Aurora II, Aurora HP, Dream HP and Sojourn HP by D-1, as all four are 7 x 7 and should fit into your price range.  If there is a close Caldera dealer, the Utopia and paradise series Tahitian is an excelent buy for what you get.  The sundance models you mentionaed are also excelent spas, with many great features that will help reduce tension and stress in your muscles.  Hope this helps.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 and Caldera Spas dealer

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 01:48:37 am »
I'm close to Danbury, CT.  
Jason is that anywhere near you or is it the other side of the state....

poopsy

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 02:12:06 am »
i liked the thitian utopia....it was like 7200.00 here....the lounger was nice.....for 1000.00 less then the geneva utopia i thought it was a better bang for the buck....

I do like the outside lighting

Tubber

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 06:53:21 am »
I'm close to Danbury, CT.  Of the recommended manufacturers, Masterspa, Sundance, Hot Spring and Dimension 1 have local dealers.  Available space limits us to a tub no larger than about 7' x 7' and we favor the Masterspa 750 and Sundance Marin and Altamar based on what we have seen so far.

I've got  the Altamar filled in our showroom in West Springfield MA right next to the Big E. However the Altimar is 6'11" x 7'4", the Marin is 6'5" x7'6", andthe Optima is 88" sq.  American Leisure is a local Sundance, Sweetwater, Nordic, and Master Spa dealer.  Our warehouse, service and distribution center are located in Simsbury CT. We are strictly a Hot Tub company, we do not sell or service pools. We do have a showroom in Norwalk CT. which is very close to you. As I am a commisioned salesman I ask that you contact me prior to the Norwalk store, (800) 886-spas just ask for Chris. Our company website is http://www.alhottubs.com/index.htm

Best of luck in finding exactly what you want in a hot tub. Do not settle unless you are 110% satisfied with your choice in the tub and the company that will back it up.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 12:14:15 pm »
i liked the thitian utopia....it was like 7200.00 here....the lounger was nice.....for 1000.00 less then the geneva utopia i thought it was a better bang for the buck....

I do like the outside lighting

Wow! Does this mean you're actually close to buying a spa Poopsy? No need for a 4th round of wet testing with all the dealers?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

DynastyOwner

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 10:58:52 am »
My Dynasty dealer is 60 miles away from me.  We liked the tub and the price enough that we were willing to be on the outskirts of their service area.  We have two other hot tub dealers (Jacuzzi/Master Spas and Coleman) within 2 miles of our house, but we didn't like the tubs or the salespeople.  

The Dynasty dealer has come up for one service visit and had no problems with delivery, and in over two years we've never regretted our decision.  If the dealer is far, just make sure that they are willing to service by you, and go for the tub that will make you happy.  Ultimately, you'll spend far more time there than they will :-)

DynastyOwner

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 02:06:45 pm »
Glad to see another Dynasty owner!  ;D

Rboehme

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 09:40:25 pm »
As far as proximity is concerned, ask the dealers farther away for references from thier most distant customers.
Some dealers take very good care of "ALL" of there customers regardless of distance. Some dealers do not.

As far as wet testing is concerned. It is important that you wet test the model you are interested in. Spas that look the same can feel very different.

If the dealer is UNWILLING to go through the minor trouble to fill a particular model for you before you buy, what kind of service should you expect after the sale?

Do not believe any dealer that says he does not have enough electricity or space to fill a certain spa that is on the showroom for you. All they have to do is

1. turn off currently filled spa.

2. transfer already hot water to other spa(using sump pump)

3. tranfer electrical to other spa(wire is not expensive)

4. turn on other spa

5. it takes less than an hour and is immediately ready to test soak in.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 09:40:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42