What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maax Spa 481 Vs. Hot Springs Vista  (Read 9093 times)

climberchris13

Maax Spa 481 Vs. Hot Springs Vista
« on: January 21, 2013, 05:35:38 pm »
Hello everyone! I am in the process of acquiring my first spa and I am deciding between a Maxx 481 ( http://www.maaxspas.eu/MAAXSpa481.htm ) or a Hot Springs Vista ( http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/highlife/vista ). Does anyone have any experience with either of these companies or these model spas? I am new to the process so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Maax Spa 481 Vs. Hot Springs Vista
« on: January 21, 2013, 05:35:38 pm »

bimmerdog

Re: Maax Spa 481 Vs. Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 06:49:50 pm »
First question.  Have you wet tested them both?  I don't know anything about the Maax spa. The Maax spa looks good.  I owned a Hot Springs Classic spa for 7 years then the Ex took it over and it is still working today.  I am bias as far as the Hot Springs spas.  Our dealer here in Salt Lake is fantastic and that was a big selling point for me. 

I know this is not much of a help in deciding on the two but I have always found that after the sell is as important as the sell. 

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 07:36:08 pm »
First question.  Have you wet tested them both?  I don't know anything about the Maax spa. The Maax spa looks good.  I owned a Hot Springs Classic spa for 7 years then the Ex took it over and it is still working today.  I am bias as far as the Hot Springs spas.  Our dealer here in Salt Lake is fantastic and that was a big selling point for me. 

I know this is not much of a help in deciding on the two but I have always found that after the sell is as important as the sell.

And since we haven't made the Classic model for a dozen years or so that means its about a fully operating 20 year old spa which is very common for Hot Spring Spas but not so common for others.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 07:39:47 pm »
Hello everyone! I am in the process of acquiring my first spa and I am deciding between a Maxx 481 ( http://www.maaxspas.eu/MAAXSpa481.htm ) or a Hot Springs Vista ( http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/highlife/vista ). Does anyone have any experience with either of these companies or these model spas? I am new to the process so any information would be greatly appreciated.

I can only speak for Hot Spring by saying that the Vista is a great spa and the company that builds them is known for making a quality, efficent product backed by the best customer service in the industry. Of course you really should wet test and let that be a major part of your decision making process as well just like you would test drive a new car.

bimmerdog

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:29:50 pm »

And since we haven't made the Classic model for a dozen years or so that means its about a fully operating 20 year old spa which is very common for Hot Spring Spas but not so common for others.
I think mine was a 94 not sure.  It was the full white shell or as they call it now "the big dog dish"  I had to only replace the cover and I know it is still in use because my daughter was in it last week.  Great product great company. This is why I am ordering a Hot Springs Aria spa this week.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 05:38:22 am »

You need to compare apples to apples. You are trying to compare a top of the line tub, the HS with a, well not so top of the line tub.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:05:52 am »
Welcome to the forum!   I have experience with a couple of different Hot Springs tubs. They seem solid and comfortable to use.   I've only seen MAAX spas at shows.  Good luck.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Adam

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 05:10:31 pm »
I'm a little late to the party so you probably already made a pick.  Maax Spas are measurably quieter and seem to be made really well.  Hot Spring is definitely better (spends more) on advertising.  They are both comparable products.  Best I can tell, Maax is product driven which leads to a lifetime warranty on the frame, wifi, better insulation, more jets, and fancier controls.  Hot Spring is marketing driven which means better commercials and on line marketing.  Either way, probably not making a bad choice with those two manufacturers.  The next step is to examine the dealer.  They are your contact and can make a lesser brand better and a good brand worse.  Enjoy!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 05:43:18 pm »
Well said, MAAX rep.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 05:51:14 pm »
I'm a little late to the party so you probably already made a pick.  Maax Spas are measurably quieter and seem to be made really well.  Hot Spring is definitely better (spends more) on advertising.  They are both comparable products.  Best I can tell, Maax is product driven which leads to a lifetime warranty on the frame, wifi, better insulation, more jets, and fancier controls.  Hot Spring is marketing driven which means better commercials and on line marketing.  Either way, probably not making a bad choice with those two manufacturers.  The next step is to examine the dealer.  They are your contact and can make a lesser brand better and a good brand worse.  Enjoy!

LOL with a metal frame the Maxx is going to make tons more noise than the HS. The lack of insulation on the Maxx is also going to make it noisier and cost more to operate.

Maxx=junk, Hot Springs=top of the line.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »
Yeah, this guy is clearly a maxx rep.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42