What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Spas "the euphoria"  (Read 5422 times)

m_nelsen

Marquis Spas "the euphoria"
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »
Narrowing our search and wanted too know what the consensus is on why Marquis does not install circulation pumps?  The sales guy told me that they eliminated circulation pumps because they are the part that fails the most?  He also told me that the euphoria was more efficient than the Sundance Otima?  We live in Nothern Illinois wher it is cold for a long time.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Spas "the euphoria"
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Marquis Spas "the euphoria"
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:32:06 am »
IMO opinion both are reputable tubs with lots of satisfied customers.  I think you are hearing the dreaded "salesguy talks down the competition mode" that really turns me off as a buyer.   I've owned two tubs, one with and one without a circ pump.  Its not my highest priority in choosing.   I've been in both of those tubs and I recommend you go with the one that is most comfortable for you to use, you get a better deal on, and the dealer that makes you the most comfortable, or some factor of these three.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:51 am »
Narrowing our search and wanted too know what the consensus is on why Marquis does not install circulation pumps?  The sales guy told me that they eliminated circulation pumps because they are the part that fails the most?  He also told me that the euphoria was more efficient than the Sundance Otima?  We live in Nothern Illinois wher it is cold for a long time.

In reality a spa with a circ pump has a slight advantage in regrads to energy efficiency but overall they should be pretty equal and I see no reason to beleive the Marquis would be better since they insualte the same way.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:21:55 pm »

In reality a spa with a circ pump has a slight advantage in regrads to energy efficiency but overall they should be pretty equal and I see no reason to beleive the Marquis would be better since they insualte the same way.

Thanks for adding in your more experienced opinion.  Having has a tub with a circ pump all of 2 months now, I can't state to how long they last, but I did replace the pump that did the filtering in my old tub twice in 9 years. (Once outside of warranty)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 04:40:44 pm »
what happens to the more expensive jet pump over time as it kicks on and off all day long in the winter? there is a reason CalSpa is using refurbished jet pumps for warranty work...because thousands fail on a regular basis from constant wear and tear on bearings/start capacitors/etc from kicking on so much

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 04:40:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42