What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PDC, Saratoga, and Artesian  (Read 4583 times)

jessoakin

PDC, Saratoga, and Artesian
« on: June 07, 2004, 01:11:40 pm »
I am shopping for a hot tub that is not larger than about 7 feet square.  I have looked at many and wet tested a couple.  I have seen most of the major brands and visited most of the dealers within about 25 miles.  In all cases, my tub-size requirements seem to result in tubs that are shallower than I would like, that have lounges that are too short (a lounge is not very important to me, so this problem is easy to solve), and have lilmited features.  Recently, I discovered that PDC, Saratoga, and Artesian have some very interesting tubs that may meet my needs.  I have yet to see them in person.  I am concerned that I can't find very much information about any of these brands.  Virtually all of it is from the companys.  I would appreciate comments from anyone out there who has experience with, or knowledge about, any of these brands.  Also, the dealer who carries PDC told me that one of the tubs he has in that size is about $10,000!  That's much higher than even larger tubs I have seen.  Is PDC alot more expensive than most?

Hot Tub Forum

PDC, Saratoga, and Artesian
« on: June 07, 2004, 01:11:40 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: PDC, Saratoga, and Artesian
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 05:16:54 pm »
What are your space requirements??

7'x7'?

6'x5'?

36" deep min?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 05:18:21 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jessoakin

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 08:39:30 pm »
Maximum about 7' X 7' (maybe a couple of inches more, but not much).  36" depth seems OK but 37-38" would be even better.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 10:06:27 pm »
Maximum about 7' X 7' (maybe a couple of inches more, but not much).  36" depth seems OK but 37-38" would be even better.

Hey Jessoakin,
I have no experience with PDC Saratoga or Artesian. I've heard good things about Artesian but personally have no knowlage of them. Have you looked at the Coleman C-470 (no lounger), C-471,(one lounger) or C-472 (Two loungers?) All three have the same outside dimensions,88 X 88 X 35, same pumps and same amount of jets. Keep in mind that you may not sit any deeper in a spa that is 37" deep than a spa thats 35" deep. The depth of the seats from the top of the spa to the seat bottom is a more critical measurment. Our store retails these three models for $7299.00 before any negotiating.
This is a great forum and I'm sure someone out there will have more experience with those brands and be able to help you out.
          Spahappy

priceofone

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 11:35:12 pm »
I honestly know nothing of PDC and a bit about Saratoga, but I do know a great deal about Artesian being an owner myself.  I don't know what model you are looking at in what class, but my studies prior to purchase led me to believe that they were the best value at any level - except the entry level and my soaks confirmed.  I am tilted though as a happy owner. YOur dealer is important.  Buy from a reputable dealer.  Wet test too.  I recommend an Artesian any day, but still, know that you are buying what you need and buying the best.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 11:35:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42