What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-335 - seeking advice  (Read 5371 times)

Kimbermz

Jacuzzi J-335 - seeking advice
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:05:06 pm »
Hello. I've been looking at hot tubs for a bit and wet tested quite a few today from Hot Springs, Sundance, and Jacuzzi.  There doesn't seem to be any model other than those from Jacuzzi that have the type of jet action that I find most appealing; the jets are simply and apples and oranges comparison to me.

That being said, the Jacuzzi is quite expensive even with the $1,000 cash off promotion!  Can somebody give me a sense of what a fair price range to pay would be on either this model or the J-325 (same without lounger).  We don't have a large dealer base in this area and I want to be sure that a lack of local competition doesn't bite me.

I'd also be interested to know if there are other brands that have jet effects similar to Jacuzzi that are also worth finding and trying out.

Thanks so much!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-335 - seeking advice
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:05:06 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-335 - seeking advice
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:39:33 am »
Hot Springs, Sundace and Jacuzzi are all 3 good brands and actually Jacuzzi and Sundance are made in the same factory so I'd have expected you'd find them similar. I'm not sure what you found different in the Jacuzzi over the other 2 but everyone has to draw their own conclusions and thats why testing is key. Those 3 brands are high on my list so besides them if you're looking for others I'd say Caldera and D1 if they're in your area. 
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Kimbermz

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:53:38 am »
Thanks. I'm aware they are made by the same company but unfortunately the design of the jets between the brands is significantly different.

Still hoping someone has some advice as to what to expect for pricing.  We called a couple of places (not local) and the lowest price we were quoted was $8,400.  Going to visit local dealer today.  Depending on price I might give up on the Jacuzzi brand and "settle" for a less expensive Sundance or even Hot Springs.  When spending money on pure luxury item I have a hard time justifying a premium for anything unrelated to durability and quality materials.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:35:49 pm »
Thanks. I'm aware they are made by the same company but unfortunately the design of the jets between the brands is significantly different.

Still hoping someone has some advice as to what to expect for pricing.  We called a couple of places (not local) and the lowest price we were quoted was $8,400.  Going to visit local dealer today.  Depending on price I might give up on the Jacuzzi brand and "settle" for a less expensive Sundance or even Hot Springs.  When spending money on pure luxury item I have a hard time justifying a premium for anything unrelated to durability and quality materials.

well be prepared to pay big bucks for many features that have nothing to do with durability or quality...LED light packages, waterfalls, remote controls, fancy shell colors/designs are all items some of us don't need, but still pay for with the new spas

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 04:01:45 pm »
Apples to apples, I would expect to pay @ the same for similar JAcuzzi, Sundance or Hot spring models.  Not sure what you are going to save.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Kimbermz

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »
I decided to buy the J-345.

Orion6192

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 09:59:58 pm »
We bought the J345 as well after much searching this past summer. We paid $7048 after the $450 rebate. It's our first spa...

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 07:53:06 am »
Congrats on your purchase. Pics would be nice after you have it set up and running?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 07:53:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42