What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2004 Vanguard Whistles When Jets Are On  (Read 4189 times)

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
2004 Vanguard Whistles When Jets Are On
« on: November 20, 2012, 09:26:02 am »
Hi Everyone

My 2004 Vanguard has developed a high pitch whistle when the jets are on.  It is coming from the front right bottom corner (as facing the tub).  From what I have read is that there is a pressure relieve valve down there.  I can feel a round hole covered with a mesh screen where the noise is coming from but I can't figure out how to get to it and not sure which part I need to buy to replace it.

Any help is very much appreciated!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

2004 Vanguard Whistles When Jets Are On
« on: November 20, 2012, 09:26:02 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: 2004 Vanguard Whistles When Jets Are On
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:56 pm »
Are you getting inside the skirt of the tub to see this screen? If so, I'll keep quiet and wait for the HS experts to come along.   If not, it could be coming from a valve or diverter. Move the air/diverter/jet controls and see if that changes the pitch or volume of the noise. That might be a clue.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 05:38:13 pm »
Hi wmcall

The screened hole is on the  bottom of the tub on the outside overhang near the skirt.  There is about a 3 inch overhang about 2 inches off the ground.  I can not seem to get to it from the equipment cabinet, but it is really close.

Yes, it does change pitch when the you switch the various diverters.

I think it is a check valve, but not sure how to replace it, and not sure which part number it is.

Thanks

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 05:58:48 pm »
That is the air inlet for the entire jet air system. There should be a check valve near that side of the tub, inside the motor compartment. If you look into the very hardest-to-get-to corner, which you can only see if you are basically upside down, you will be getting close.

There may be a section of vinyl tubing (1" OD) which makes a zig zag right nearby. That looks like:

Undo that check valve, and see what happens. If your noise is gone, put the check valve back into the tube with suction (while the jets are on full blast with all air open). If the noise comes from the valve, replace it. If the noise only comes back when you reconnect the Second side of the check valve, then you have some sort of blockage in the tub from the check valve to the inlet. It is usually wasps, ants, or termites around here. They build a nest and partially block off the tub. If that tube is blocked, put at garden hose nozzle into it and blow it out from the motor compartment out. See what comes out so you know how to treat to kill the pests, otherwise they will come right back.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 05:38:49 pm »
Thanks Chas

Sounds like a good Black Friday project.  Better than standing in line all day!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 05:38:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42