What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spot Relay Questions...  (Read 3366 times)

jeremyf0923

Hot Spot Relay Questions...
« on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:22 am »
Good afternoon all,

Seriously looking at a Hot Spot Relay and had a few questions for all of you experts out there. First, I was quoted $6,000 for a Hot Spot Relay - including sales tax, installation/delivery, cover, water test and spa care kit, and ozone system. This does NOT include a cover lifter or steps - don't need either based on how my hot tub deck is designed. Trying to ascertain if this is a good deal or not. My gut says it is not the greatest deal, but not terrible either. Looking for feedback on this please.

I am looking at this model specifically because based on my research, for the money (don't want to spend more than $6K) it appears to be the best bang for your buck with a focus on quality and reliability. Would you agree? Are there other tubs in this category that I should be considering?

Also, need a rough estimate on monthly maintenance cost for the tub assuming I run it 24/7 - when I say monthly maintenance I mean chemicals and electricity. I am most concerned about electrical cost.

One last bit of information - this hot tub is for a cabin I own in the North GA mountains. We don't rent it so the tub will only be used when we are there, which won't be more than 10 days a month (generally just the weekends).

Thanks in advance for all thoughts and feedback!

Jeremy

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spot Relay Questions...
« on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:22 am »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Hot Spot Relay Questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:16:39 pm »
Great relatively basic tub w/ good insulation, it was actually one of Hot Springs best sellers overall last year due to it being a great "bang for your buck"....your price is fair, across the board these sell for $5800-6800 depending on your lifter, step, chemical package options, ozone or no ozone, etc.

energy cost will depend on the cost of your electricity, $18-$30 depending on the time of year of course is a very fair range per month, but again depends on what your paying per kw/hour.

chemical cost is dependent on how much you are using the spa, a good range is $150-$250 yearly for chemicals

ssilver853

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »
I was going back and forth between the Hot Spot and the Jacuzzi J245. I purchased the J245 for $6K with everything including stairs,chemicals, delivery,lift and tax. After my research, I felt they were both about the same quality.  It came down to the dealer and price.  We've had it running for about 3 weeks and love it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42