What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My "Vintage" Spa REPLACED 06-2013!  (Read 27307 times)

girlinhotwater

Re: My "Vintage" Spa REPLACED 06-2013!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34:58 am »
I also agree with the missing pillow in the captain's chair. That is my only complaint with my Envoy...that and the too fast color wheel in the spa. How did they install the extra pillow? I would like to add that as well if you can and wouldn't mind can you post a picture of what your dealer did? You did a great job on your steps and your setup is awesome! We love our Envoy too and it's so much better at home than when we did our test soak. Cheers to many nights of great soaking!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34:58 am »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 11:44:03 am »
I installed the pillow myself. I'll get some pics of it. It isn't as easy as the two stock ones seem to be since the angle of the acrylic isn't the same as the two existing ones. I think it turned out very well, and the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the feel of the pillow last evening.

I don't like others messing with my stuff. They might be the "professional", but they don't have anything invested in my possessions so they aren't going to be as meticulous as I am with building, repairing, or upgrading something, such as when they delivered mine, they didn’t handle it as gently as I would have. I had to bite my tongue a couple of times, knowing if they scratched or dented something on it, they could just load it right back up and take it back to the dealership and pick up another one. Just the way I am.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:46:00 am by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 05:35:33 pm »
The pillow looks a little crooked in the pics, but I measured off of the water level and not from anything above since those lines are offset somewhat. Anyway, here is the additional pillow.

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

girlinhotwater

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 10:57:25 am »
I'm impressed well done! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. How did you attach the pillow to the shell? You should send these pics to Hot Springs to show them how it's done right! hahaa

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 11:24:08 am »
When I ordered the pillows, I purchased the mounting brackets that go with it. Pillows and brackets were a total of $41.00. I measured, and then measured, and then measured... well you get the picture.  :) Then I used my drimel and drilled the 4 holes where the SS screws anchored the brackets.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 08:43:44 am »
This past weekend, I built another set of steps for my spa. They are about 2' wide; not quite as wide as the ones on the "controls" side but I built to the width of the foot well. Now, we have two sets. I never liked getting in over the lounger seat, but I definitely wanted some steps to help cover the electrical  on that side. I also put LED lights under them, drilled 1-1/2" holes in the front of the steps so that each step would illuminate and be easy to see when coming out of the tub. Still loving this tub!  My wife mentioned last night, while we were soaking, that every evening seems like Friday night. I surely agreed with her.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 09:43:08 am »
Got some pics of my other set of steps. I still haven't gotten a pic of them lit up, though.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 08:42:38 am »
Here's a couple of pics with the LED lit up under the steps.

This is the short step on the front of the spa. It's about 2' wide.

This shows the same one after it's gotten a little darker.

And in this one, you can see both steps, but not a very good shot of the wider steps that are about 34" wide.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:50:14 am by Spoiledrotten »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 02:41:57 pm »
Ok, hot tub, warm water, cool air... yep, we have to have air blowing over us.... so I went today and bought a hanging indoor/outdoor fan for the ceiling of our gazebo.

Hot tubs are like Jeeps.... you never get through upgrading and adding things.  ;)

Ali

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 07:43:34 pm »
Looks lush. Where did u get it from ?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 12:11:47 pm »
great setup!!! I love the night pictures with the waterfall, they look awesome

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »
great setup!!! I love the night pictures with the waterfall, they look awesome

Thanks TCHS! We are really enjoying it. That fan makes all of the difference, keeping the water temp from going up during the summer. It won't blow your hair but it does create a very soft breeze that the water responds to. During the summer months, the water would rise several degrees, making it much warmer than we liked until we added that little item.

As far as the lights go, that's the only reason I like the days getting shorter. We get to enjoy the lit up spa sooner in the evening.

Thanks for the comment.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 09:15:54 am »
Last evening was wonderful! We had a cold front come through. Ok, in MS, a cold front brings the temp down just a little but it was still  the first cool snap of the year and the soaking was great. It was cool enough to fill the gazebo with heavy steam. It was close to 60, but there was a anticipation of things to come. I know that you guys up north still sunbath in 50* weather, but.....

:P   ;D

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 04:14:15 pm »
Last evening was wonderful! We had a cold front come through. Ok, in MS, a cold front brings the temp down just a little but it was still  the first cool snap of the year and the soaking was great. It was cool enough to fill the gazebo with heavy steam. It was close to 60, but there was a anticipation of things to come. I know that you guys up north still sunbath in 50* weather, but.....

:P   ;D

a cold front of 60 degrees lol, that's t-shirt and shorts weather ;-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 04:14:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42