What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shot in the dark  (Read 28107 times)

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Shot in the dark
« on: February 22, 2005, 01:43:55 pm »
Anyone have a aftermarket DVD video (ceiling mount) installed in their vehicle?

I just had a 9" sony sytem put in my Honda Pilot.

Picture and sound are terrific.

But the screen vibrates and shakes with regularity.

And the headliner seems soft - as if the thing is strictly supported only by the headliner.

Seems to me that if the thing was mounted to something in the roof, the headliner would not sag and vibration might be reduced.

Did the installer mess up - or did Sony under engineer?

Circuit City has a Panasonic model, that if this does not pass muster after about 1 week (my wife and I will sit back with the kids to see what we think), I may have CC install that one instead.

Links to each system:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Overhead-Mobile-Video-System-MV-900SDS-/sem/rpsm/oid/110980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Panasonic-Overhead-Mobile-Video-System-CY-VHD9500U-/sem/rpsm/oid/108558/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Hot Tub Forum

Shot in the dark
« on: February 22, 2005, 01:43:55 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Shot in the dark
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 04:25:52 pm »
I got one almost 3 yrs ago for our van (drop down from ceiling) when not as many people were putting them in vehicles. Nowadays it seems like they've become so commonplace and they should've only been getting better since then. It was an aftermarket deal and I've never had any issues with it along the lines of what you're describing.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Shot in the dark
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 05:34:31 pm »
I'm currently researching an install for my camper, so I am listening close. I was thinking more on the lines of a TV with a built in DVD, maybe 13-17 inch? With some sort of slide out of the cabinet mount.
Retired

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Update
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 09:22:32 am »
I took it to a different Circuit City, and had it looked at. They said the plywood (if it's in there at all) was not attached to the ceiling brackets (part of the roof) - that run from door to door.

I agreed. They said have the CC you had it installed at fix it.

I called Honda to see if I could buy the bracket, they said, it's a kit, no can do, but that it would likely not fit anyway as I did not go with the OEM TV.

I googled the part/kit number, and got full install instructions - showing the built in ceiling/roof side to side brackets.

So, I called my CC (installing location), said you work it out with the other one (who diagnosed the problem) so that they fix it free of charge.

Long story short I take it in Friday, they will make it right. Seems that it simply needs to have the plywood (commonly used in aftermarket installs) attached correctly to the 2 sets of side to side supports.

Then the mounting bracket for the Sony gets firmly attached to that, then the unit is attached to the mounting bracket.

Seems rather simple.

If it is not this way, I will follow up.

If it is resolved properly, then I'll have better/less obstructed rear view mirror use with tv in use, and the install will be rigid with no headliner droop.

Anyone looking to do it themselves - unless you have a lot of time and patience and room to work, don't the charge was $150 - but they credited it back to me as the next day a sale made install free - that said it was over 4 hours of labor - by someone at least had some idea of what to do.

Hot Tub Forum

Update
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 09:22:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42