What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi j-210  (Read 6130 times)

captuna

Jacuzzi j-210
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:17:29 pm »
Hello everybody. I have just a couple of questions about this model.
Here's a quik story about my unit. I had an older model Hot springs portable made in 1986
when we were on the east coast. The tub looked outdated but never bothered me. It ran flawlessly.
Anyway 3 yrs later and I decided to look for a tub that was cheap and needed some work.
I see this add on C list for about 3 weeks for a non working hot tub-$100
So I called last Saturday morning and went to get it. Wow this thing was filthy but was just what I was looking for.
We got it home and cleaned it. This thing is  mint like new inside and out. made in 2005 and 110volt.
I cleaned the end of the temp sensor and it came out of the watchdog mode. I dont know what these sell new for but man did I get a deal. I canot find an owners manual. found them for 2006 and up. Jacuzzi was no help. they sent me a e-mail with 300 series of something. I found an ozone generator inside the panel but have no idea where this thing was plumbed. It is supposed to be an ozone ready unit and i sure it was installed at some point . I m hoping someone can help. Also im not getting anything out of the jets to the right of the control panel
Also was wondering how  reliable is this model?
Thanks for any help.  Capt'n

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi j-210
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:17:29 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi j-210
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 11:06:38 pm »
We sell the J-210 at 4995.00 prolly 3995.00 back then.    If half the jets are not working try turning the whirlpool jet one way or the other and see if that makes any difference, you can also open and close each jet on it's own.    Heck of a find for you, even if you have to put some money into it!    Congrats..

Whirlpool Wes

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 09:16:33 pm »
Every Jacuzzi brand spa is ozone ready. Inside the spa, under the topside control, you will find a curled up air hose. If that is attached to the ozone box, it's ready to go. The power cable for the ozone should be plugged in the side of the power box. The plug is color coded "aquamarine". Inside the footwell of the spa you will find a small round vented cover. It is dark gray, and that's where the ozone is released. If it's fizzing, you're all set. It will turn off when the jets are on and that's normal. As far as the jets, see Jacuzzi Jim's answer as he's dead on. FYI, all Jacuzzis are engineered to be 30 yr machines. Spectacular find!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:39:59 am »
Every Jacuzzi brand spa is ozone ready. Inside the spa, under the topside control, you will find a curled up air hose. If that is attached to the ozone box, it's ready to go. The power cable for the ozone should be plugged in the side of the power box. The plug is color coded "aquamarine". Inside the footwell of the spa you will find a small round vented cover. It is dark gray, and that's where the ozone is released. If it's fizzing, you're all set. It will turn off when the jets are on and that's normal. As far as the jets, see Jacuzzi Jim's answer as he's dead on. FYI, all Jacuzzis are engineered to be 30 yr machines. Spectacular find!

Only one problem with this Jacuzzi spa if I remember right they were not ozone ready till around late 07/08 or so not saying you can't do it, but you will prolly have to hard wire the ozonator to the circuit board and add the Mazzi injector which is not hard.  Also bubbles coming up/fizzing doesn't mean you have ozone, it means you have air coming in from the ozonator, or just the mazzi injector via the air tube hooked to the ozone, if ozone is on then you do, but it can be off and you will still have air bubbles coming up.  The other issue is it has no circ pump which makes ozone less effective as it runs less.  Again not saying it wouldn't work or hurt, many times you can just use a (proclear) Nat2 cartridge and some dichlor and be fine!!   

Welcome though Wes glad to have you around!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:46:07 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

captuna

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 06:41:04 am »
Thanks for the feedback. the ozonator is wired to the control but I am unable to locate the hose. Not sure if it was pulled out at some point. Guessing I will have to remove some insulation and hope that it's under the tub somewhere. I am a plumber by trade so i shouldn't have any problem running a new hose to the foot well.
Thanks for the help. Shouldn't be long before I know these things inside and out.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 01:36:13 pm »
 It's a little more than just running a hose to the footwell for the ozone to work properly.  I can't remember but If you follow the 2" hose coming off your heater there should be a 3/4" line coming off it somewhere possibly?   There should be one or two nipples on the ozonator with 1/4" vinyl tube might be yellow now, that should lead to the mazzi injector.   If you can post a pic of the equipment area.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 01:36:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42