What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 13 Year Old Marquis Always Indoors  (Read 4992 times)

DHAgnew

13 Year Old Marquis Always Indoors
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
I am new to the forum and am contemplating getting a 13 year old Marquis which has always been kept inside.   
Is it better to get a 13 year old high end tub which is in great shape or a 4 or 5 year old mid level tub which has been outdoors? 
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

13 Year Old Marquis Always Indoors
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: 13 Year Old Marquis Always Indoors
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:05:24 am »
Welcome to the forum.  There will be people along who can give better answers, but can you see it powered up, can you remove the skirt and look at its condition? How handy are you at fixing things?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

DHAgnew

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:52:57 am »
I will have a look at as much as I can, and I am quite handy.  I guess I am wondering if there has been any big improvements in the last few years.  Or if there are parts that I will need to replace regardless of it being kept indoors.
Thanks

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:50 am »
I have a Marquis tub and have been very happy with it. I think you should perhaps call Marquis to ask these questions. They can tell you if parts are still available, and tell you more about the model that you are looking at. Since these tubs are made to work outside, I'm not sure that being inside is a great advantage.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

sorebikr

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:31 am »
I have a Marquis tub and have been very happy with it. I think you should perhaps call Marquis to ask these questions. They can tell you if parts are still available, and tell you more about the model that you are looking at. Since these tubs are made to work outside, I'm not sure that being inside is a great advantage.

This is good advice concerning the parts.  The other questions I'd wonder are:  Are both/either of the full and running?  Have you sat in either of them?  I'd also wonder about the set-up of the Marquis.  Does the room have adequate ventilation?  If its been sitting in the equivalent of a greenhouse for 13 years, that's not necessarily better than sitting outdoors (Mold/Mildew/Rot, etc)

Hopefully someone can weigh in on hottub insulation advances in the past 13 years.  I honestly can't imagine a dealer telling you "Oh no...nothing's changed in the past decade".  1. It sounds like the company is stagnant/not innovating.  2.  By convincing you there have been wonderful advances, you're more likely to buy a new tub from them (at least in their heads).  Maybe I need more coffee this morning, this is sounding really cynical.  :)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 11:08:27 am »
No, the insulation question is really excellent. I am so sure that insulation has improved drastically. Sometimes the cost to operate a tub that old might be a deal breaker. What you might save in purchase price, you will be paying to run the tub. If it was inside, the cost to heat it will not even remotely reflect the cost to heat it outside.  Lots to think about..I'm sure you'll hear lots more on here :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 11:08:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42