What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi JLXL  (Read 17641 times)

dmessina7

Jacuzzi JLXL
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:31:26 pm »
Hi, I am very impressed looks wise and comfort wise with the JLX series hot tub.  I was offered a 'floor model' 2011 JLXL with sunbrella cover and prostep stairs for $6999.  The dealer is also offering to take away my old tub for free (it has two seized pumps and a rotten wooden belly) and install for free.  This seems like a pretty good deal right?

it is the 2011 so it does not have the pro clear purification, instead using and ozonator, which doesnt seem like a big deal right? 

Also,  the dealer is recommending a silver ion system.  (proteam shock and swim)  How does this compare to chlorine?

Thanks in advance! 

-Dominick   

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi JLXL
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:31:26 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi JLXL
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:40:37 pm »
It's a good price, for a 2011 his "cost" on that spa was actually higher than a 2012  Is he still giving you a 5 year warranty?

As far as Proclear or Nat2/Nature 2 (silver ion)  is very effective and works well, you could put a Clear Ray on it but not sure it's worth the added cost to do so.    Ozone and Nat 2 are fine add a bit of dichlor and you are on your way.

dmessina7

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:47:56 pm »
it has a minor warp on the top panel of the tub but something you  have to look really hard to actually see.  He said jacuzzi gave him a break on the price because of it  and he is extending it to me.  plus he is giving me $500 off for sticking with jacuzzi (my old tub was a jacuzzi).  As far as the warranty it still has the full 5 years from when it is installed.  I was actually up in the air between this and the j365-j375.  I went with this simply for the sleek look (and seemingly very good value).  All three tubs were very comfortable.

Thanks for your feedback Jim! 

dmessina7

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:55:12 pm »
i meant to say, I am leaning towards the JLXL because of the sleek look.  I have not finalized any purchase yet. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:50:25 am »
it has a minor warp on the top panel of the tub but something you  have to look really hard to actually see. 

Warp on top panel? Since I can't be totaly sure what that means I'd say make sure that warpage is not going to affect the cover fit. If I was thought the cover fit might be compromised I'd skip it but i can't tell from your description.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dmessina7

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:58:25 am »

Warp on top panel? Since I can't be totaly sure what that means I'd say make sure that warpage is not going to affect the cover fit. If I was thought the cover fit might be compromised I'd skip it but i can't tell from your description.
[/quote]

That is a good point.  I am supposed to go back to the showroom to sign some paperwork before the end of the week.  And you are correct, the panel on the top (on the JXL series it has a square flat top) is a little warped.   it is very hard to tell without staring but I could see how that still might present a problem with the cover.   

-Dom

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 04:30:51 pm »

That is a good point.  I am supposed to go back to the showroom to sign some paperwork before the end of the week.  And you are correct, the panel on the top (on the JXL series it has a square flat top) is a little warped.   it is very hard to tell without staring but I could see how that still might present a problem with the cover.   

-Dom
[/quote]

If that’s the case then they're giving what seems on the surface to be a really good deal because they know this is not just a cosmetic issue.

I'd be looking elsewhere if I thought the cover wasn't going to seal properly because any savings you think you're getting up front may be going to the gas and electric company monthly.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

pphilpott1

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 06:43:39 pm »
Dmessina where r u located?there are some really great sales currently.

dmessina7

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 05:44:18 pm »
i live in connecticut

dmessina7

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 06:04:16 pm »
and as of right now my new Jacuzzi JLX-L is sitting in my backyard at a toasty 102deg F.  This tub is truly amazing.  I find myself hopping from one seat to the next for different massages.  The two powerful jets in the footwell are my personal favs. 

My one complaint...  The jets, when on the high setting,  sometimes spin themselves closed on their own.  Not cool....

Plus... 
Whats the difference between pH and alkalinity...   I am a high school chemistry teacher and that doesnt seem to make much sense.  An alkaline solution is one with a high pH...

planetary

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:51 pm »
I also like the look of the LX series.  If Jacuzzi offered an "XL 470", I'd've been done shopping a while ago.  :)

goose973

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 08:22:58 am »
and as of right now my new Jacuzzi JLX-L is sitting in my backyard at a toasty 102deg F.  This tub is truly amazing.  I find myself hopping from one seat to the next for different massages.  The two powerful jets in the footwell are my personal favs. 

My one complaint...  The jets, when on the high setting,  sometimes spin themselves closed on their own.  Not cool....

Plus... 
Whats the difference between pH and alkalinity...   I am a high school chemistry teacher and that doesnt seem to make much sense.  An alkaline solution is one with a high pH...

I wondered the same thing about pH and total alkalinity. My understanding of total alkalinity (in hot tub land) is that it is a measure of the buffering capacity of your water. You need to keep the TA high enough to prevent big swings in pH but not so high that the pH climbs on its own. TA increaser is basically sodium bicarbonate. A person called "chemgeek" might come along and give you a better answer than what I did though. Good luck.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 02:05:44 pm »

Plus... 

I wondered the same thing about pH and total alkalinity. My understanding of total alkalinity (in hot tub land) is that it is a measure of the buffering capacity of your water. You need to keep the TA high enough to prevent big swings in pH but not so high that the pH climbs on its own. TA increaser is basically sodium bicarbonate. A person called "chemgeek" might come along and give you a better answer than what I did though. Good luck.

some good recommended numbers are as follows: pH 7.2 - 7.8, Calcium Hardness 100-150ppm, Alk. 80-100ppm, and of course you always want at least .5ppm chlorine present in the water at all times.

and yes Alk. is a buffer for pH so balancing Alk. properly first is the key to keeping your pH from "drifting" all the time.  This is why at startup you should be ACCURATELY testing your water, and no test strips are not accurate...the recommended "home use" kit is the Taylor K-2006 available on Amazon for around $60 or you could always drive your sample to a dealer to check as well

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 02:05:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42