What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If I Had To Do It All Over  (Read 10242 times)

D.A.

Re: If I Had To Do It All Over
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:27 pm »
not saying I don't believe OP, but I would love to see pictures of how not only one but multiple entire jet bodies "blow out" on a brand new spa, In 12 years I've never seen it happen on any manufacturer

I don't think it was the entire jet that blew out just the face.   Now why they couldn't put them back in is what I am trying to figure out?    Unless the tabs that hold them in broke which would be really odd for that jet.

The big thing is it is disheartning for him, and hopefully the dealer will deal with it, no dealer likes to tear into a new spa.   This is where we differ, I would come get the spa and bring him a loaner, not sure it was offered but it's better than a dismantled spa in a backyard.

why are they removing the skirt and pulling foam then? something doesn't add up that is why I said I'd like to see pics
What do you want to see pics of?  Haven't you seen jets before?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:27 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 04:26:29 pm »
Jim on the rx jets, all but one of the jets came out.  The metal pin and all.  I thought they would just pop back in myself, but when I couldn't figure it out, I called my dealer.  They sent a guy out, who has been doing this for 19 years, and he couldn't get them in either.  They called Jacuzzi, and was told that they would have to pull the skirting and the foam out, and replace the whole jet from the back side. 

On the other topic, I can understand my neighbors concerns.  Let's say I want to buy a new truck, and I know nothing about trucks.  My neighbor buys a new Ford, and I think it's a real nice, comfortable, good riding truck.  I think that's the one I want, because I really like his, it's a top brand, and has good reviews.  Then I see a loaner parked in his driveway for about 3 weeks.  He says it's in the shop because this or that is wrong with it.  Even if his dealer is taking care of him, I'm going maybe rethink this whole Ford thing, and maybe look at a Dodge, or a Chevy. 

My dealer is taking very good care of me, by the way.  The owner was out yesterday, making sure this all got done.  I'm in the process of filling it now, so we'll see!

Also, my dealer said that they have never seen this either.

It sounds isolated as if they may have gotten a bad batch of jet bodies. Maybe others around your serial number are seeing this but I doubt it is widespread or it would be well known. It may be messy to have to go through all this but in the end you should be fine. To be safe I'd run it for a couple days to make sure they're all sealed well and no issues are seen before I refoamed it and buttoned it up.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

D.A.

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 04:32:23 pm »
Jim on the rx jets, all but one of the jets came out.  The metal pin and all.  I thought they would just pop back in myself, but when I couldn't figure it out, I called my dealer.  They sent a guy out, who has been doing this for 19 years, and he couldn't get them in either.  They called Jacuzzi, and was told that they would have to pull the skirting and the foam out, and replace the whole jet from the back side. 

On the other topic, I can understand my neighbors concerns.  Let's say I want to buy a new truck, and I know nothing about trucks.  My neighbor buys a new Ford, and I think it's a real nice, comfortable, good riding truck.  I think that's the one I want, because I really like his, it's a top brand, and has good reviews.  Then I see a loaner parked in his driveway for about 3 weeks.  He says it's in the shop because this or that is wrong with it.  Even if his dealer is taking care of him, I'm going maybe rethink this whole Ford thing, and maybe look at a Dodge, or a Chevy. 

My dealer is taking very good care of me, by the way.  The owner was out yesterday, making sure this all got done.  I'm in the process of filling it now, so we'll see!

Also, my dealer said that they have never seen this either.

It sounds isolated as if they may have gotten a bad batch of jet bodies. Maybe others around your serial number are seeing this but I doubt it is widespread or it would be well known. It may be messy to have to go through all this but in the end you should be fine. To be safe I'd run it for a couple days to make sure they're all sealed well and no issues are seen before I refoamed it and buttoned it up.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right!  I just was so pissed, and had to vent!  My old lady was tired of listening to me, so I came here!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 04:34:11 pm »
not saying I don't believe OP, but I would love to see pictures of how not only one but multiple entire jet bodies "blow out" on a brand new spa, In 12 years I've never seen it happen on any manufacturer

I don't think it was the entire jet that blew out just the face.   Now why they couldn't put them back in is what I am trying to figure out?    Unless the tabs that hold them in broke which would be really odd for that jet.

The big thing is it is disheartning for him, and hopefully the dealer will deal with it, no dealer likes to tear into a new spa.   This is where we differ, I would come get the spa and bring him a loaner, not sure it was offered but it's better than a dismantled spa in a backyard.

why are they removing the skirt and pulling foam then? something doesn't add up that is why I said I'd like to see pics
What do you want to see pics of?  Haven't you seen jets before?

I wanted pics of something I've never encountered before just like your service manager said...no need to get pissy at me cause your spa is on the operating table

smackman

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 07:16:16 pm »
Personally I feel they should have totally replaced his J 470 with another new one. If I owned that Jacuzzi and it already has shown all these issues, why would I have faith in it when it is totally being sh*t wrecked underneath? How will they replace that insulation? Factory installed insulation can be replaced as efficient by a local Tech?

My Daughter bought a 2011 Ford Expedition and for the 1st 3000 miles it had more problems than Carter has Liver Pills. Ford replaced this vehicle and gave her a $5000 dollar Customer Appreciation check!

I would not be a happy camper. I own a 2010 J 465 and besides a flow switch and piss poor Customer service, it has been a Gem of a Hot Tub.

d00nut

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 10:39:31 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure you're right!  I just was so pissed, and had to vent!  My old lady was tired of listening to me, so I came here!

Did you ask for some form of compensation?  If you were my customer, I'd definitely want to give you something for you troubles.  Then I'd make Jacuzzi pay for it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 07:20:33 am »
Sorry to hear about your situation, I hope you come back and let us know how this is going in the coming months.  While I don't doubt your sincerity and anger, the profanity doesn't help your case.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 07:20:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42