What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Opal versus other top spas  (Read 12652 times)

priceofone

Re: Artesian Opal versus other top spas
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 01:18:32 am »
No soul searching to learn that Mr. Mendocino101 is out of hand.  Of course this site is run by Hot Springs, it helps their search value.  The board is a freebee no doubt, but, those site building advert folks tune in something aweful.  Nothing out their is objective.  Nothing.  No Consumer's Digest - they charge a hefty fee to rate and don't really test the product - No PoolSpa.com site - they charge a fee to get a good rating, No nothing.  The only folks that care enough to do this is the folks that do this.  Honestly, at the end of the day, YOu need to wet test, and honestly, in spite of this rubbish spread, The Opal is a winner.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 01:18:32 am »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2004, 11:27:40 am »
We are looking for our first hot tub and have looked at (and wet tested) Artesian Opal, HotSpring Vanguard and Grandee, and Sundance Optima so far.  Artesian Opal is the best deal price wise and has lifetime structural warranty.  Wondering about Artesian with its 3 pumps (almost felt too powerful and too much pressure so maybe overkill).  Liked Optima except for following: could not turn on footwell jets when back massage seat on full or near full.  Had to turn down the back jets to use foot jets.  Also, did not like whirlpool jet since could not comfortable sit in front of it and use for back massage.

All are good - just looking for any further comments or feedback, especially concerning Artesian since I do not seem they mentioned very often on any message b
oards.

Iwaxman,
       I don't have any experience with the Artesian but have some advice regaurding your concerns with the three pumps.
       My Coleman 706 has three pumps as well, but all three are 2 speed. Each area has an air control so if  lets say the person in lounger wants that pump on low with the air on high, or the pump on high with no air on, it doesn't affect the rest of the the soakers. Each jet can also be individually turned down or off. So if the Artesian allows you to indivdually adjust pressure without taking away from the other soakers don't let the 3 pumps worry you.  
       As a buyer be concerned about filtration, efficency, jet placement and therapy, seating comfort, (as all above won't matter if your spa doesn't fit you, ) and warranty. Get a copy of the warranty from the dealer and read the exclusions. Better to know now than later.
       Ask the dealer for a list of some of his custamers, ( of course these will be hand picked by the dealer)  most consumers are honest and will shed additional light on the product.
       As a Coleman dealer of course Coleman would be in my top 5 spas. I know a bit about Hotsprings and Sundance as well and they are both good quality spas.
       Beware of dealers who spend more time running the competition down than selling their own product.    
       Your dealer should know his/her own product inside out
        Hottub customers are quite saavy, go with the technology that makes the most sence to you. Good luck let us know what you ended up with.    
                                           Spahappy

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2004, 05:12:23 pm »
You know why pay more.... I said to you I was unaware that you were a slow thinker...Thank you for confirming it for me with this post...Now lets lay open just how really slow you are...."but you do pretty much hear about the top 6 or 8 spa's. So you are saying that the top 6 or 8 makers control this board….hummm that being the case the other top makers who are the competition for each other…actually get together and are in collusion together. Also if the board was censored why are you still here with that river of ignorance flowing out of your mouth with out being edited...? If you actually had any ability to think or look at anything any a objective way you could see that it is an open board with people posting based on there experiences and the majority of those are individual owners...they are some people who do post who are in the industry but most are up front about it and for the most part usually never will say theirs is the only spa to buy.... so again why do you insist and making such false statements that have zero merit..."[..."

There are four or five forums on the internet on Hot Tubs.
This form is by far the most active and informative.
There is a mix of dealers, repair people, and owners who all lend their collective experiences.
I have not seen any influence by the tier one manuafactures on this board.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 05:14:52 pm by ZzTop »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2004, 08:05:55 pm »
I've only seen one board that definitely showed any bias on a regular basis.  Its not this one, but it is a haven of bias.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2004, 10:03:37 pm »
That site is just south of Haven, if you ask me.
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2004, 10:03:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42