What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with first purchase...the usual questions  (Read 13310 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Help with first purchase...the usual questions
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »
I LOVED the Aspen...but it is pricey $$$$!!!!  I decided to go a bit smaller (if indeed Sundance is my brand of choice) with the Optima.  A few thousand less in my area and pretty roomy.  What's the deal with the Hot Springs heater/fire recall?  I heard about it through the Sundance salesman.  Is this true and accurate?

I agree that the Aspen is nice AND pricey.

Are there any major differences between the two from your viewpoint (other than size)?

If you don't go with Sundance, what would you go with?

George

that Aspen is a real beast, with (3) 2.5hp pumps, but if you like something that is spacious and can stomach a 15k? (not sure exact price) price tag its an big impressive spa,,,,make sure your in a part of the country with a cheap kw/h energy cost  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

Water Boy

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »
Did you get a chance to look at the Arctic Spa dealer yet in your area? The only reason I ask is that Arctic is getting ready to release a promotion later this week on their 8 foot models in the Legend Select jetting package. That would be a 8 ft spa with three pumps and 61 jets. The Tundra would be somewhat similar to the Aspen you were looking at, or maybe the Summit. You should be able to get one of those spas for far less than 15k.

In regards to the wet tests, keep looking, and keep asking the dealers. I just filled up two tubs over the weekend for a couple to try. As long as you can give the dealer some notice, and they have the spa there in stock, most of them will let you wet test. Not all dealers will do that, but most will from my experience.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 05:19:47 pm »
I agree that the Aspen is nice AND pricey.

Are there any major differences between the two from your viewpoint (other than size)?

If you don't go with Sundance, what would you go with?

George

After looking up a couple other large spa choices I see Caldera Cantabria, D1 Sarena Bay, Hot Springs Grandee, Jacuzzi 495 and Marquis Show all as spas i'd at least check out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

manwgoldengun

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 09:40:29 am »
George--I like Jacuzzi and Caldera.  Sundance has ALWAYS been on my list.  It's just the price!  I am leaning toward the Optima, however.  I just don't need that much spa!!  I wouldn't listen to some people on this board.  Some of these guys are just tooting their own horns (you know who you are).  All the Sundance  are full foam and have energy ratings.  The Aspen was only around $23/month?  Of course that's in California where I am.  I am going to WET TEST the Caldera Niagra soon.  Hot Springs was originally on my list until now.  Here's why:

http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/prhtml12/12211.html

I feel compelled to post these due to the misinformation and bias being past around here.  I thought this was a forum for potential buyers to share their opinions, views, etc.  NOT sales pitches!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:36:34 am by Forum Admin »

zybar

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 11:09:51 am »
Thank you for your post - much appreciated.

I wanted to try a Caldera, but the local dealer just orders them and doesn't stock any.

George
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:36:53 am by Forum Admin »

vangoghsear

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:30 pm »
I have been replacing a 3000 sq ft roof on our house for my vacation  ::) for the last week+.  I don't even remember what I sent him now :lol:

Ya know I worked on king crab boats and costal frieghters in Alaska, and I would rather do that again than be a roofer!    But then I was also a bit younger also..
I hear ya brother.  I did that a few years ago and I DO NOT EVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN.

To the OP, I'm no expert, but I really like my Bullfrog.  Just another possible manufacturer to check out.

zybar

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 05:04:12 pm »
We purchased the Aspen earlier today.

Thanks for all support and thoughts.

George

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 05:04:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42