What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "One" more Question about Ozone Generator.  (Read 5624 times)

smackman

"One" more Question about Ozone Generator.
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:30:41 pm »
 :)Today I purchased a Ozone Generator with the proper plug on it(JS 240). It should receive it next week.   My Question is this:

Once I get my Ozone Generator tubed up and plugged in to the control box, Does the control unit automatically recognize the Ozone Generator has been hooked to the controls or does the control box have to be programmed to recognize the Ozone Generator?

On my Controller readout, It currently say Ozone off; There is a marked hook up on the controller box for a ozone gen.

Thanks in advance

2010 Jacuzzi J-465

Hot Tub Forum

"One" more Question about Ozone Generator.
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:30:41 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: "One" more Question about Ozone Generator.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »
 The unit really doesn't know if the ozone is there or not, it simply sends power to that receptical that the ozone is plugged into.  You should have to program it in on the topside, it may give you times for it to come on or length or time the circ pump runs.  If I remember right.   

smackman

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »
It is confusing; On my Controller, It currently shows Ozone off. I would feel if it shows Ozone off, It would show when is Ozone on right?

My manual does not address a Ozone generator except it was optional in 2010. In Section 15.4 on page 73 it says this;
The ozone only runs when the circulation pump is running and shuts off when either jets pump is manually activated during spa use. The circulation pump will remain off for 5 min. after both jets pumps time out or are manually turned off, then resume operation as programmed

I do not see any place to program the Ozone Generator; The book never addresses programming the Ozone Generator.

Maybe the circuit board senses that power is going to the Ozone Generator by some kind of "feedback" or load on the circuit board.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:18:45 pm »
It is confusing; On my Controller, It currently shows Ozone off. I would feel if it shows Ozone off, It would show when is Ozone on right?

My manual does not address a Ozone generator except it was optional in 2010. In Section 15.4 on page 73 it says this;
The ozone only runs when the circulation pump is running and shuts off when either jets pump is manually activated during spa use. The circulation pump will remain off for 5 min. after both jets pumps time out or are manually turned off, then resume operation as programmed

I do not see any place to program the Ozone Generator; The book never addresses programming the Ozone Generator.

Maybe the circuit board senses that power is going to the Ozone Generator by some kind of "feedback" or load on the circuit board.

So when the circ pump is running it will probably be sending power to the ozone plug.

smackman

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »

So when the circ pump is running it will probably be sending power to the ozone plug.

I agree; I just wonder what will Make the Ozone go from Off status to On status. With the circulation pump running, It still shows the Ozone to be off.
I am thinking "maybe" the circuit board senses a load to trigger the Ozone to the On status but I am guessing

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 06:50:23 pm »
So you have the J1000 control box right?  I only have a 2012 manual for the clear ray so it doesn't say anything about ozone.  I am sure yours will accept it.    Will be interesting to see what it does.   I am also calling Jacuzzi tech right now will get back to you.

Ok so the Jacuzzi tech said the system will know when the ozone is there, he thought you might have to go back in and see but it should do what it is suppose to do.    Hope that helps you, let me know when you get it hooked up!!

Jim
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:54:04 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

smackman

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:25:13 pm »
So you have the J1000 control box right?  I only have a 2012 manual for the clear ray so it doesn't say anything about ozone.  I am sure yours will accept it.    Will be interesting to see what it does.   I am also calling Jacuzzi tech right now will get back to you.

Ok so the Jacuzzi tech said the system will know when the ozone is there, he thought you might have to go back in and see but it should do what it is suppose to do.    Hope that helps you, let me know when you get it hooked up!!

Jim

Thanks Jacuzzi Jim. I do have the J1000 Control Box. I hope to have it in and installed by the middle of next week and will give you a update.

smackman

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 02:16:45 pm »
Ozone Generator is running but the Indicator shows off on the J1000 controller. It has been working properly.

The Ozone Generator will show on for around 10 seconds when the recirculation pump comes on but go off.

Any idea to why my J1000 controller on my J465 jacuzzi stopped showing the Ozone Generator running? The indicator light is on on the Ozone Generator and it is bubbling in the bottom of the Hot Tub

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 02:16:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42