What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J470 Thoughts and Experiences  (Read 19402 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Jacuzzi J470 Thoughts and Experiences
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:41 am »
The customer would be FAR better off to get a standard 10 year shell warranty than a Lifetime*-6 year warranty (IMO).

Not if it breaks in the 11th year.  ;)

I agree that it's a sales ploy, and I would be tempted to just let it go and get a new one after 11 years, but then again, I would hope to get at least twenty years out of my investment.  So, it may not be ideal, but there is some recourse to getting it repaired if it is a structural failure of some kind.

Let me rephrase, "customers (plural) overall would be FAR better off to get a standard 10 year shell warranty than a Lifetime*-6 year warranty (IMO)".

Sure they'll be someone who has a spa that fails in year 11 but what about those who have problems in years 6½, 7, 8, 9 ... and think they're fully covered only to find out they need to ship their spa to the factory. Add in the fact that most still own the spa at year 7 but by year 11 a lot have moved on from the spa.

This warranty l;anguage was chosen for its up from sales benefit knowing the term "lifetime" would give give a false sense of security beyond its true meaning, not from a "lets cover the owner best" point of view (IMO).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:41 am »

SnowHot

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 10:23:43 am »
This warranty talk has me wondering....
How long does the average person own a Hot Tub before replacing it or getting out of Hot Tubs all together?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 01:41:27 pm »
How long does the average person own a Hot Tub before replacing it or getting out of Hot Tubs all together?

The quality of the spa has a lot to do with it, I don't see many people trading in or trading up.  I might get two ta three calls a year from a customer wondering what their spa is worth to sell because they are moving or more common is divorce  :'( .      By todays standards a well known brand can last a very very long time, that being said a pump or part may/will be replaced at some point.  Prolly 10 if not more out of 100 never ever have an issue.. 

planetary

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »
Quick note, back on topic.

Hudler, thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!  I read them with great interest, as I'm on the verge of a 470 purchase, as well.   :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 09:12:16 am »

I'm replacing my middle of the road brand tub after 9.5 years. Definitely getting a new one, but my current one is definitely becoming a money pit, though the shell and skirt are holding up ok.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hudler

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 01:54:35 pm »
Hey Planetary, you will love the J470! congrats on a great hot tub choice! 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 01:54:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42