What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic  (Read 3433 times)

johnthomas

Marquis Epic
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:16:39 pm »
First post so be easy on me. I just purchased this tub with the stereo system. When I plug my iPhone into the compartment and close the plastic case after about 15 mins the unit goes into an over temp mode and the iPhone shuts down. The dealer says its from being in a closed compartment. I don't by it. Why would a manufacture sell a radio system like that. Has anyone else have this experience with their tub/stereo system.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:16:39 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Epic
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 05:19:31 pm »
 Have you tried it with compartment open?  Also if its hot where your at I suppose it's possible, try it at night when it's cooler see if that makes a difference.  I would think the compartment should be closed for water and what not.

Number one failure with stereos is water getting into the unit from wet drippy hands. Many times I find out the spa owner has teenagers.   Blown speakers is a big one.   

Bill

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »
I have an Epic with the stereo system and have had no troubles with overheating or shutting down.  We always close and latch the door when using an ipod.  I did have a faulty remote which was replaced by the manufacturer.  The remote must be used to operate the stereo - there is no other way to control it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42