Original > Hot Tub Forum

D1 is now in the equation

(1/1)

dazedandconfused:
I had thought I had narrowed my search down to a Optima (Sundance), Vista, or Envoy.  The last two being HS's models.  I have wet tested all three and am trying to decide.

Today, I saw the D1 Chairmain II.  Boy, talk about a spa with alot of neat features!  I didnt have time to wet test but it looked comfortable!  As far as price, I was quoted 8499 for the the spa, cover, chems, and delivery/setup.

I was leaning towards the Optima which a quote of 7500 total out the door.

Now, I am confused!  Are D1 spas something I should consider?  Really, my budget is MAX 7500.  Think I could talk them down roughly 1000?  What is a good price for a CHairman II?

Concerning the adjustable headrests - It appears to be a challenge to adjust these?  Can anyone say anything about these headrests?  Also, the  dynamic massage sequence controller seems to be a gimmick that will soon break down?

Any help appreciated!

dazedandconfused:
Oh, I forgot.  Another drawback of the D1, the 'kickplate' around the bottom is wood!  Also, the bottom surface is wood under the spa!  Hello!  Rot!

The Sundance sits in a plastic tray and the HS's have a hard foam surface on the bottom.

Should this be a concern.

As far as warranty, D1 has lifetime warranty on shell structure and surface (white only) and 5 years on everything else.

autoplay:
Wet-test....and let that be a big part of the equation.  Would schuck to have a spa that was a great deal as far as saving a few bucks,but wasn't fun to use.

Spa_Tech:
"Oh, I forgot.  Another drawback of the D1, the 'kickplate' around the bottom is wood!  Also, the bottom surface is wood under the spa!  Hello!  Rot!" -dazedandconfused-

D1 bases are made of pressure-treated ground contact lumber- the bottom is also covered by an ABS sheet stapled to the base.  HotSpring has a similar pressure treated base and the bottom is foamed with 60# density foam-- a tough nut to crack.

The head rests on the D1 require some 'training', but once you get the hang of it, its pretty simple to use. The sequencer also requires some getting used to... I try to think of it as a DVD player- having a play/pause button and a track selector- I dont think its a gimmick- but I havent had one apart yet and havent a clue as to its mechanical durability or reliability.

I dont see any reason why you shouldnt consider D1 outside of your bugetary limitations- They key deciding factors should be a wet test of the product and putting the dealer to your litmus test. I noticed that you (like many others on the forums.) have focused exclusively on the product that youre looking at... And I think this in part, is a mistake.

What are these dealers like? How long have they been in business? Do they have a reputation around town? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Do they have an in house service tech? How long have they been repairing spas? Have they been factory trained? Will they come out to maintenance your spa for you? What sort of spa moving equiptment do they have? Are they willing to give you  customer references in your neighborhood? What do their competitors have to say about them?

:-X nuf said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version