What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Bottoms  (Read 11241 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Re: Spa Bottoms
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 12:56:30 pm »
Can anyone post a picture of the bottom of a Sundance or HS?

THanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 12:56:30 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2004, 04:37:31 pm »
Unless you're living in the swamps of Louisiana, I think maybe you're worrying a bit too much here and even in wet environments like Fla and La a well designed tub shouldn’t have much of an issue. There are multiple ways used to make a spa bottom but I doubt it rarely comes into play unless someone is using untreated lumber.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

poopsy

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2004, 04:50:55 pm »
i am intrigued by the spa bottoms.I do like the rewards bottom dish like thing..its a good concept.....

i also like that coleman uses steel reinforcement instead of wood,,....seems like a good gimic although wood may retain heat longer then steel.....but strength wise steel is better.......

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2004, 06:15:29 pm »
I don't think the thermal properties of either material really matter.  And wood is not automatically inferior to steel, it all depends on the engineering.  
I'd let other criteria steer my decision.  Unless you insist on steel framing, which narrows your options considerably.  
Brewman
Brewman

Tubber

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2004, 08:31:52 pm »
Sundance uses treated Redwood or cedar. isolated from the insulation by a liner.

superted

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 03:39:20 pm »
Have you ever moved an old tub (ten years plus) they all have rot on the wooden structure. The bottom sits on the ground where moisture begins to eat at the wooden structure. Even redwood or pressure treated pine will eventually rot, but is sped up by leaks in the spa. I have moved hundreds of spas and when tipping them on edge a lot of them are rotted throughout. Even the pressure treated ones. The thicker the frame the longer it last's. 2x4 out lasts 2x2 and steel outlasts 2x4.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 03:39:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42