Original > Hot Tub Forum

Hot tubs on a deck/ Vibration

(1/2) > >>

seajay:
I installed a tub on the deck which is attached to my home when the circulation pump kicks in or is running there is a hum or vibration that resonates in my home is there any thing I can do to isolate this or could there  be an issue with the Motor?? ??? You know hamonic balancing and all that stuff. Also my neighbor called me over to his house and he is getting this hum in his house also, very weird. I need help before he chokes me. :P

Spatech_tuo:
What spa do you have? Do you really mean the circ pump or do you actually mean the 2-speed pump is coming on for filtering and causing the humming?

seajay:
ThermoSpa Concord EliteIII
Yes the 2 speed pump is coming on for filtering.

Gary:
Try adding a rubber pad under the spa. I have done this for a few folks and it helped. Also if possible mount the pumps a rubber mounts.

Gary

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote ---ThermoSpa Concord EliteIII
Yes the 2 speed pump is coming on for filtering.
--- End quote ---

Since its Thermospas you're a bit on your own as there is no local dealer to take care of you. Now that we know it’s a 2-spd pump making the noise, does the pump sit on 4 rubber grommets or is it simply screwed to the base. If it’s screwed to the base I would unscrew it and get a thick pc of rubber and place it between the pump and the base and I think you'll see a good improvement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version