What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Your favorite small tub? SLC, UT area dealers?  (Read 3053 times)

Sea Bean

Your favorite small tub? SLC, UT area dealers?
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:53:57 pm »
Hi,
Yes, another set of newbie questions--thanks in advance!

Can you please help us narrow down the options?  We are looking for a tub that will get pretty hot (& stay hot during use), for 2 people, easy to care for, preferably a great value for the money.  What is your favorite smaller tub like this & why?

Any positive experiences with tubs or dealers in Utah? 

Does buying used from a dealer change the pressure/scam factor?  Is buying a used tub on Craigslist or ~ a bad idea?

I am used to more open, old-school tubs, but see all these super-specific molded seat shapes...is it even possible to get an open tub, do you get used to the seat shapes?

Read a lot of your posts, thanks for the information & any advice you can share on this version of the question  of "which tub?"

Thanks a lot! 

Hot Tub Forum

Your favorite small tub? SLC, UT area dealers?
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:53:57 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Your favorite small tub? SLC, UT area dealers?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:03:54 pm »

Buying used can be great but it also can be a money pit. Its a crapshoot and its up to you to weed out the bad and buy smartly. If you buy used you ALWAYS must be able to see it filled, hot and fully operational. There are good deals from people wanting to clear space in their yard and there is junk where the owner wants you to hail his headache away and might even charge you to do so. Buying used from a dealer costs more than buying from a spa owner but you get peace of mind since you almost always get some sort of in-store warranty and they typically check them out and fix them up to some degree. The issue with buying used is you have to be picky and wait for the right deal, not just take the best of what is available so use patience.

If you buy new my personal my shortlist would include Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance so it really it depends on who is in your area (go to the manufacturer websites and they will have a dealer locator where you simply enter your zip code to see who is nearby).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 10:01:28 am »
I agree with Spatechs list, but I would also recommend adding Arctic Spas to that list. They offer several small sized tubs in the Arctic and Coyote Spas lineup. I would look at the Arctic Fox, the Coyote Mesa, Vegas and Havasu. Also of note, I personally know the owner of the Salt Lake City Arctic Spa dealership, and he is a great guy. He runs his business the right way, and has been a dealer with Arctic Spas for a very long time, and has won numerous awards since I have known him since 2002. Good luck in your search, and be sure to ask lots of questions along the way.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 10:01:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42