What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Jacuzzi Experts  (Read 20717 times)

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Question for Jacuzzi Experts
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

I have the big pump; I would save approx $1.13 a day or approx. $34 dollars a month or $407 dollars a year running 6 hours not 24

IF my math is right, that is a fairly big savings. I would rather have the big pump/motor and move my water in 6 hours that a small pump/motor that has to run 24/7 to achieve the same results.

Sometimes bigger is better in the long haul.  ;D

Also, I do not see where I had the economical statement in bold but I am almost 55. HAHA

No one is saying your pump should be run 24/7 so I don't agree with how you are calculating savings as if you're only using yours 1/4 of the time of a 24/7 circ pump. You are running your pump the required time and since you're moving more water you only need to run it 6 hrs. The circulation pumps that run 24/7 run that long because they move less water but they are very energy efficient and use far less energy per hour. You'd have to compare the energy you use in 6 hrs vs the energy one of the 24/7 pumps use in 24 hours if you wanted to see how much more or less filtering is costing you vs that system.

I can but in the real world that does not apply to me and my Hot Tub. That is all I was saying.

But your savings are based on you running your filtering pump only 6 hrs versus running that same pump 24 hrs but is it expected that you'd run it 24 hours? Is the dealer saying you should run it 24 hrs?

It would be interesting to know the energy usage/hr of your pump (times the hours used) versus the energy used in a day by a true 24/7 circ pump which uses very little power/hr and is designed/expected to run all day.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

smackman

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »
It comes pre programed to run 12 hours if it is not in the summer logic mode. I made the decision to run it 6 hours a day and it works well for me. It is programmable; the primary filter and secondary filter.

That means my savings is 1/2 I stated earlier for a 24 hour cycle

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »
It comes pre programed to run 12 hours if it is not in the summer logic mode. I made the decision to run it 6 hours a day and it works well for me. It is programmable; the primary filter and secondary filter.

That means my savings is 1/2 I stated earlier for a 24 hour cycle

Ok then you are using half the energy versus someone else who might be running it with the preset 12 hr setting which is great and hopefully the dealers go over this type of thing with their customers so people can adjust as needed. You threw me off when you mistakenly compared it to 24 hrs originally because I thought you were comparing it to 24/7 circ pumps out there on other spas. With your restatement that you're comparing it to the 12 hr default setting I understand now.

Its the same as with spas that use 2 speed pumps for filtering, often the new owner finds they can get by with less filtering that the manufacturer sets it for. MUCH of all this has to do with the fact the manufacturer has to err on the side of caution when setting up default filtering times because they don't know if the spa owner is going to be a single well groomed person or a couple with 6 kids who will use it often and require a lot of filtering.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:57:16 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42