What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-4400 Clearray placement  (Read 4244 times)

jonescrusher

Jacuzzi J-4400 Clearray placement
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:22 am »
I have a 2012 Jacuzzi J-470 on order.  I am partially building a deck around the spa but have an issue on where the Clearray unit is located in order to make sure I have access for yearly replacements.  The online manuals show the Clearray Unit as located directly in the center of the control panel side right next to the control box.  When I was in the store the salesperson opened the panel of a J-470 and showed me that the Clearray unit was all the way to the right at the corner (this is the location for J-300 in manuals).  Did the salesperson incorectly point out the wrong device or is the placement of the Clearray unit different from the documentation?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-4400 Clearray placement
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:22 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-4400 Clearray placement
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:03:41 am »
The ClearRay is all the way to the right side.   Are you building a deck all the way around the spa?   If so make sure you remove screws that might be blocked by framing of the deck.

jonescrusher

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:32:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

The decking will be on 3 sides with the control panel side exposed completely.  Had planned to follow the curve of the corner with decking on the side so control panel side was straight across at deck level (removable bar going against that side).  If the ClearRay is on the far right, i believe you have to unscrew the curved corner and be able to open it straight with the side to get at the unit.  Is this correct?

smackman

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

The decking will be on 3 sides with the control panel side exposed completely.  Had planned to follow the curve of the corner with decking on the side so control panel side was straight across at deck level (removable bar going against that side).  If the ClearRay is on the far right, i believe you have to unscrew the curved corner and be able to open it straight with the side to get at the unit.  Is this correct?

YES; I just seen this take place on my 2010 J 465. The curve corner and side are connected (ONE BIG PIECE), It is this way around the entire Jacuzzi. My center panel is removable and the Panel to the left of the center panel where my Stereo is located. It is possible they could leave a access panel on the right front like they do on the left front for the stereo system. Ask the dealer; Also you can look and see the actual joints with a "keen eye".

My panels were removed to replace wiring Harnesses to my speakers. I would not purchase a Jacuzzi with a stereo system. It is not worth the money and the speakers are located inside the tub. I had 10+ speakers to go out in 2 years.

We love my J465. It is a machine and the wife and I love ours. It is well built,well insulated and very quite.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42