What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Info wanted on storing and setting up a used Jacuzzi....  (Read 3634 times)

dbldee20

Info wanted on storing and setting up a used Jacuzzi....
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:20 pm »
I just bought a 4 year old Jacuzzi spa, and can't wait to use it. This is my 1st spa.  I'm picking it up this week, but my site isn't quite ready, so I'll be storing it in my garage for a week or two. The spa has already been drained. I've been told that some nasty bacteria can develop if it sits long enough, because it's difficult to drain all the water (someone told me a friend and his wife got some sort of rash or skin condition from bacteria in water after storing theirs before set up) I can flush it in my garage into a floor drain. Are there any chemicals I should put in it while I store it? High dose of chlorine? Also since the spa is used, I'd like to sanitize it pretty thoroughly.

Thanks in advance for any info

Hot Tub Forum

Info wanted on storing and setting up a used Jacuzzi....
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:20 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Info wanted on storing and setting up a used Jacuzzi....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:30:29 pm »
  If you can run it throw in a good dose of chlorine,  then drain it.  Suck out as much water as you can with a shop-vac.  Take the filters out and let them dry you can also remove the pillows as well.   If the cover is on it wedge it open with a tennis ball or something to let air in. 

dbldee20

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:43:04 pm »
Thanks Jim. I meant to add also, what exactly will I need for the initial set up? To check chemical levels etc, Which chemicals are more user friendly and less harsh on your skin?

Any good, more affordable online sources for filters/chemicals etc

I really appreciate the info and am glad I found this site. It's a  great resource

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »
Well chem wise there are a few options, but unless you are ready to rock and roll I wouldn't worry to much about it yet.    I like mineral cartridges and chlorine, pretty basic, simple to use and effective.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42