What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any reviews/thoughts on the Hot Spot Relay?  (Read 6923 times)

1985forever

Any reviews/thoughts on the Hot Spot Relay?
« on: April 15, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »
We are very close to purchasing this model after lots of research and wet testing.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to wet test the relay, but we have wet tested its cousin the limelight 'Flair'.   Very similar layout.  We have been to 5 different stores - no one is willing to fill a Relay so we can sit in it with water, so the Flair was the closest we could get.

We were quoted $5700 for the Relay with steps, lifter, delivery, panel, and WITHOUT tax.  (Tax will bring it to 6100 or so)

Thoughts on the model itself or the price would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Any reviews/thoughts on the Hot Spot Relay?
« on: April 15, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Any reviews/thoughts on the Hot Spot Relay?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:01:41 pm »
are you near Minnesota...I have one filled and running 20ft. away from me  ;D  They are a great spa for the money, I've wet tested the Relay and was overall impressed with the jetting and the comfort of the seating as well.  If you are quoted on a new 2012 that's even better because the cabinet went to an all vertical design which is very sharp and the foam has been upgraded to a 2lb. FiberCor

$5700 is a great price as well

1985forever

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:30:39 pm »
Thanks TwinCities - wish I was close so I could jump in!  If the lounge in the Relay is similar enough to the one in the Flair, I will be a happy camper because it felt great.  But, it seems to look like the incline at the waist area in the Relay lounge might be just a tad sharper (as you are sitting up a little more) than in the Flair.  This will probably make little difference. 

Thanks for your input on the price.  I hope its good.  I have read accounts of lower quotes, but I hate haggling, and I haven't even challenged my quote.  I simply asked for his best price, and that was what I was given. 

I hope we don't regret spending a little more and going for a Hot Springs model.  Its our first tub, so we wanted to start out with something budget friendly.  (this is still a stretch as our original budget was 4k)

We were also considering the Rhythm - but I do think I enjoy the lounge.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 01:46:46 pm »
Thanks TwinCities - wish I was close so I could jump in!  If the lounge in the Relay is similar enough to the one in the Flair, I will be a happy camper because it felt great.  But, it seems to look like the incline at the waist area in the Relay lounge might be just a tad sharper (as you are sitting up a little more) than in the Flair.  This will probably make little difference. 

Thanks for your input on the price.  I hope its good.  I have read accounts of lower quotes, but I hate haggling, and I haven't even challenged my quote.  I simply asked for his best price, and that was what I was given. 

I hope we don't regret spending a little more and going for a Hot Springs model.  Its our first tub, so we wanted to start out with something budget friendly.  (this is still a stretch as our original budget was 4k)

We were also considering the Rhythm - but I do think I enjoy the lounge.

I also have a Flair filled, and normally I'm not much of a lounge guy but because of the strong contour of both I actually sit nicely in both because of the "bucket seat" type of feel they have...only downside is customers with long torso's and short legs don't quite fit well...but its tough to design a tub that fits everyone's body style that's why a wet test is always a good idea imo

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 01:46:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42