What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydropool 495 vs 575  (Read 6212 times)

1985forever

Hydropool 495 vs 575
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:40:56 pm »
So we went to two local dealers.  The one that deals in Hot Spring was a waste of time.  No floor models, very unhelpful, a very uninformed attitude (I felt I knew more about these spas due to my research than the "salesperson") and the closest hot spring dealer outside of this one is 90 miles away.

The second dealer deals in Hydropool.  We were very pleased with the showroom, the salesperson, the service package, as well as the filtration system (looking at the self cleaning line) and the tubs themselves.

We are torn between the Hydropool 495 and 575 models, and would love guidance on the differences.  I believe the salesperson said they are the same price, but the seating configuration makes the 575 a 4-5 person pool as opposed to the 495 which is a 4-person pool.

The 495s are in stock and could be delivered in a week.  Tempting...  the 575 would have to be ordered.

Anyhow - anyone who can push me over the edge towards one of these models would be much appreciated. 

Also - I feel really dumb.  I thought the waterfall feature was just something pretty to look at/listen to.  I was told it is actually for part of the water therapy on the muscles.  Is this feature worth the extra money?

We were quoted 7600 for the 2012 model.  Does that sound reasonable?  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Hydropool 495 vs 575
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:40:56 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hydropool 495 vs 575
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 01:30:58 pm »
I thought the waterfall feature was just something pretty to look at/listen to.  I was told it is actually for part of the water therapy on the muscles.  Is this feature worth the extra money?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea how a waterfall could be good for "Therapy on the muscles." If it adds a jet or several jets, and if you can put your neck in front of them, then maybe. But that is a recipe for discomfort: splashy, noisy, wet hair, water in the eyes and nose etc.

I do like the relaxing sound of a waterfall: I call it a "Jet for the mind," because it can and does help most folks to relax. THAT is therapeutic, but not in the traditional sense of muscle massage.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

1985forever

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 01:46:35 pm »
Thanks!  Thats why I asked...  need as many thoughts on these add-ons as possible.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 01:46:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42