Original > Hot Tub Forum

Setting Up A Spa

(1/3) > >>

dazedandconfused:
I have a quote of 7200 plus tax for a Cameo.  This figure does not include delivery since this dealer is roughly 200 miles from me.  The dealer would charge about 500 to deliver to me.

The deal includes CD ozone, led upgrade, cover, lifter, and startup chems.  BTW - Is this a good deal?

Question - I can rent a truck for 100 and go get the tub myself and install and setup myself.  How hard is this to do?  I figured that if I have to keep the water up for the life of the spa that I should be able to start it up!?!

Anyway, would you recommend me biting the bullet and paying 500 for delivery or would you do it yourself.   Time is not an issue right now.  Also, I can get enough strong backs if needed.

Thanks

Mendocino101:
If you decide to go and pick it yourself...try and get a truck with a lift gate on it...

doodoo:
I once helped my next door neighbour move his tub from the driveway to the backyard. In hind sight there was not enough beer and pizza to cover the damage to my back.

More importantly though, look at the clause on your warranty about self installations and coverage if something goes awry.

dazedandconfused:
Thanks Mendocino.

I guess the dealer would load the tub flat onto the flat bed using a fork lift.  

I would drive home.

At home, I guess I could place spa on end while still on the truck.  Place a dolly under and then roll to lift gate - lower - and then roll to backyard.

2 or 3 guys can hop onto the truck and easliy tip the unit on end from the flat position.  How would you get dolly under it?

How much wrapping, protection, etc is on the sides of a SUndance?  I am trying to think of best way to get the spa on its side and onto a dolly with minimal scratching/damage.

Thanks

wmccall:

--- Quote ---I once helped my next door neighbour move his tub from the driveway to the backyard. In hind sight there was not enough beer and pizza to cover the damage to my back.

--- End quote ---

Amen!, that brings up a question, how many people delivered your spa?  When mine finally arrived, it was two late teen, early twenties guys and I wasn't about to allow them to damage the spa before it even made it into my back yard.  In hindsite, I should have stepped back and let them.  Hard to belive people could get it off a flat bed truck (5 feet about the street) and onto a dolly, up my driveway and into the back yard.  (no clearances issues  ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version