Original > Hot Tub Forum

Moving an Optima/Cameo

(1/5) > >>

dazedandconfused:
How many backs does it take to hand carry/move one of these?  My side and backyards are really soft due to new sod.  Dollies are other equiopment may dig intot he grass.

If I hired some backs with beer and pizza, how many would it take?  I have no clue!

Electro:
dazedand confused,                          ::)

Both the Optima and Cameo weigh about 850 pounds when empty.  You can figure it might take 10 guys to do this, moving the tub along the ground a little at a time.  It will definitely mess up your sod.

Electro

Brewman:
I'm thinking that whatever method of delivery, it could mess up your sod.  That leaves you with 2 options:
One is to mess up the sod, and fix it when delivery is complete.  The other is to wait until your sod has rooted down, and you can stop watering it for long enough for the spa dolly.  The dolly that was used to deliver our spa had quite nice tires, which did no damage to our lawn at all.  
Are you considering installing this spa yourself, vs having the dealer do it?
What about your concrete pad, or whatever foundation you need.  If that is not in place yet, will you have to move concrete or stones down, and what might that do to your new lawn?

Brewman

Lori:
You can always have a crane delivery.   :-/ Not exactly what I had planned in the beginning, but it pays to measure the clearance at the sides of your house.  If the spa is bigger than the clearance, it won't matter about the lawn.   :P  Trust me!!!  8)

There you go mccall!!!   ;D

wmccall:

--- Quote ---You can always have a crane delivery.   :-/ Not exactly what I had planned in the beginning, but it pays to measure the clearance at the sides of your house.  If the spa is bigger than the clearance, it won't matter about the lawn.   :P  Trust me!!!  8)

There you go mccall!!!   ;D
--- End quote ---

I was just starting to let that go Lori, Its no fun beating a dead horse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version