What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving an Optima/Cameo  (Read 23315 times)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Moving an Optima/Cameo
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 02:31:06 pm »
Oh, Tony, I'm glad you posted!  I was fixing to look up your posts!  Knew someone else had a crane delivery, but just couldn't remember!!!

Wow is right!  You should have been there!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 02:31:06 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 02:33:40 pm »
I'm in the process of setting up the pictures of my delivery (crane) it was an awesome sight. Nail bitting, but awesome.

Goody

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 03:54:25 pm »
The 2 man crew that delivered my spa used PVC tubing to slide the spa on. Once off the truck they laid 2 tubes next to it and slide it on them (not rolled). When they got near the end of those tubes they laid 2 more to continue on. You could possibly use this method if you don't have much of an elevation change. Apparrently the plastic bottom on the spa and the PVC tubes develope very little friction between them as the 2 guys didn't seem to be struggling at all.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 04:10:04 pm »
There is nothing like seeing your spa being lifted over your house into your back yard right where you want it.  The crane operator and a helper, each with a two way radio landed the tub perfectly.  They had a special small dolly to lift a side of the spa up to remove the slings and move if needed.

tubin

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 05:45:58 pm »
i just moved my 980 lb spa the other night.  here are the details:

i used a 4ft metal pipe to lift under the skirts
i then placed a 8 inch 2x4 under the corner
repeated for other corner
slid  2 10 ft pvc pipe under the spa (like a roller)
pushed the spa up on the pipes
it now rolls on the pipes with little effort
i had 5 pipes in all
replace pipes in the front as pipes slid out the back

the hardest part is getting it up on the 2x4 to slid a pipe in

don't attempt unless you have a good back and a strong lifter on the metal pipe/lever ;D

chaz

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 10:21:01 pm »
All right Dazed.  Sorry I did not get to this one before I responded to your other post as this one answered a lot of my questions.  I guess my point was that in light of Lori's story and what I went though if you need the crane and it is not included in the $500 from the dealer I say go get it yourself as you would pretty much just be paying for a truck driver.

I measured the gate clearance on the side of the home and it came through there relatively easy once I leveled the gound through it so the tub did not tip at all, however like Lori I failed to measure the clearence of an arbor it had to pass under an had to rip it off and rebuild it while the delivery guys where waiting.  Oppps.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 10:21:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42