What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: led lights in hot tub when out please help  (Read 6020 times)

mikedomes

led lights in hot tub when out please help
« on: September 13, 2012, 09:01:37 am »
My led lights when out on my hot tub, and i moved the wires around and i got the lights to work but they go after a while also my main jacuzzi led light is completely off. I checked the circuit board and it works.....
Balboa vs model
Made by diamante spa dec 2005 model look at my profile for a pic of how it supposed to look and how its looking now
Please keep in mind the main led light bulb isnt working
(pleaseeeee help) what should i do.
Thanks mike.

Hot Tub Forum

led lights in hot tub when out please help
« on: September 13, 2012, 09:01:37 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: led lights in hot tub when out please help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:31:21 am »
First - and this is a minor point - 'Jacuzzi' is a brand name, and it makes people think you are asking about that brand of tub. You have a Diamonte - with Balboa goodies. I know, I know - picky picky!  ;)

Is this light the type which plugs into a 12v socket? Many tubs came with a 12v light bulb, but there are companies who sell cool little units which simply plug into the socket and have LED technology. Some change colors, etc.

If so, you could get a 12v bulb and plug it into the socket and see if the trouble is in the LED unit or the power being supplied TO that socket. Here's one of those LED kits:

Here's the socket and bulb before adding the above in place of the bulb. Actually, this is the whole enchilada: bulb and socket are near the bottom center, lens is upper left, snap-on colored lenses upper right.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:43:21 pm »
 Plus one with what Chas said.   You also might check the wiring, possible mice got in there and did some chewing on them?      What Chas said is prolly more of a reality, but it's worth looking, mice can raise all kind of issues inside a spa..

JanHampton

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 02:06:56 am »
First - and this is a minor point - 'Jacuzzi' is a brand name, and it makes people think you are asking about that brand of tub. You have a Diamonte - with Balboa goodies. I know, I know - picky picky!  ;)

Is this light the type which plugs into a 12v socket? Many tubs came with a 12v light bulb, but there are companies who sell cool little units which simply plug into the socket and have LED technology. Some change colors, etc.

If so, you could get a 12v bulb and plug it into the socket and see if the trouble is in the LED unit or the power being supplied TO that socket. Here's one of those led light:

Here's the socket and bulb before adding the above in place of the bulb. Actually, this is the whole enchilada: bulb and socket are near the bottom center, lens is upper left, snap-on colored lenses upper right.

8)

hello friend the led kits looks awesome to me.. Can you tell the source from I could get them at most reasonable prices? Please reply thanks in advance:)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:14:32 pm by JanHampton »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:16:49 am »
 Ebay, just type in LED light for spa.  Prolly a few 1000 there.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:55:20 am »
Only 37     :-)

hot tub LED lists 84

spa LED has 825
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:55:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42