What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One :: Neck Flex Jet Pillow durability  (Read 11857 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Dimension One :: Neck Flex Jet Pillow durability
« on: May 17, 2004, 11:55:50 am »
Well, I feel as though I've gotten a great education reading through posts on this fourm (thanks to you all - what a fantastic forum) and have recently moved passed the research and have begun getting wet.

At this point I'm considering Marquis and Dimention One. I understand clearly that "it's all about the wet test". Wet testing has just begun as I am determined to splash in everyone I'm considering before ruling it in or out.

I've dry tested the D1 Aurora II (will be wet testing along with Diplomat, and Chairman as well - haven't yet been successful at finding a comfortable lounger - may forgo it all together).  

Anyway... the question I have right now is about the D1 Pillows. It's really neat that they have an adjustable pillow but I'm concerned about their durability; clicking moving parts are always the first things to go.  How long after the warrently period can I expect them to work. I've also learned to be wary of upholstry in tubs in general. How long are the D1 pillows going to last?

thanks much!
e

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One :: Neck Flex Jet Pillow durability
« on: May 17, 2004, 11:55:50 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Dimension One :: Neck Flex Jet Pillow durabili
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 12:00:24 pm »
Don't know much about the pillow questions, but you need to wet test to see if a lounger is for you.  There is a huge difference between sitting in a dry tub and a filled one with all the pumps on.  Good for you for realizing the importance of the wet test.
Brewman
Brewman

empolgation

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 12:30:33 pm »
Indeed! "Huge" is an understatement - after considering a dry tested lounger comfy as a bed, thus far every wet tested lounger has been a disappointment for me (and I'm a rather "lean mass" male).
e

poolboy34

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 09:38:11 pm »
the neck flex pillow is very reliable, even more-so now that it's design has refined and tweaked for 2004.  D-1 has reengineered the pillow.  They added 2 more jets to it to lesson the amount on the plumbing and reduce the noise.  They've also changed the hose from a horizontal feed, to a vertical feed, so the pillow adjusts easier.  The actually headrest of the pillow has been redone using the same foam that NIKE uses in its "air" soles, so they are softer.  Hope this helps you out.

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1 and Caldera Spas Dealer

empolgation

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 01:40:59 pm »
Thanks Jason.

Since you seem to be the right person to ask... I'm having trouble finding how the neck pillows fit into the warranty, what is the specifics of their warrenty? and how much would a replacement cost out of warranty?
e

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 11:35:27 pm »
the actual adjustab;e pillow is covered under the five year warrantry, the corrugated hose is not, only because it is exposed to the spa environment and subject to user neglect of water chemistry, but all the other components are under the 5 yr parts and labor warranty.

Electro

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 01:44:57 am »
empolgation,    8)

With regard to the lounge question, I found that most tubs caused me to float out when the jets were going.

But, I comfortably stayed in the lounge in Sundance tubs, even at a terrific flow rate, well above what I could comfortably endure.  I think this is due to their unique design, both for body position and the way in which the pumps work with their jets.

Electro

losova

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 09:20:30 pm »
I have floated out of every lounger that I've wet tested. The only lounger that I can stay in without floating out is my 13 year old Dimension One Chairman. The lounger in our spa is more horizontal than the loungers out today. Now you would think that being almost horizontal that it would cause you to come out - but not so. Have you considered wet testing the D1 Lotus Bay? We wet tested the Lotus Bay and my wife, teenaged son and myself all agreed that this was the best spa (by far) that we'd tried. Each seat was comfortable no matter how we rotated. The jet action was incredible and what was really amazing was the BioForm seat with the Dynamic Massage Sequencer. The neck jets were great as well. There are 72 total jets in this baby and this tub is awesome. BTW, we've wet tested the Sundance Optima, Sundance Cameo, Sweetwater Bahia, Sweetwater Palermo, Hot Springs Vista, Hot Springs Vanguard, Hot Springs Jetsetter, Jacuzzi J-375, Jacuzzi J-345, Coleman C471, DI Chairman.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 09:20:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42