What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What about Enzymes  (Read 9731 times)

Electro

What about Enzymes
« on: May 20, 2004, 02:08:25 am »
 :o   Hi Folks,

What about those enzymes?  Does anyone have good results using them for disinfection and how do you know?

Electro

Hot Tub Forum

What about Enzymes
« on: May 20, 2004, 02:08:25 am »

Electro

Re: What about Enzymes
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 09:00:36 am »
 ???

My reading of many past posts at this site indicate that some folks strongly endorse the use of enzymes, because of the effects to make the water seem soft and clear out gunk in the pipes, and others strongly oppose their use, because there is minimal or no science behind them.  In fact, the makers of these products do not usually tell exactly what is in them.  Science requires openness and peer review.

Come on guys.  What are your  thoughts?

Electro

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:01:22 pm »
I believe enzymes will play a big part in the water quality spectrum.  There are some good products that get some good post time on the boards, The Natural and Echo One.  Enzymes are not registered sanitizers though.  Only chlorine, bromine and biguanides are, so IMO, enzymes need a little help.  Used in conjuction with dichlor, much like you would with a mineral purifier, enzymes are safe and effective.  Many people report very positive results.

Now I know there are many who use without dichlor and claim very clear water and no problems...and I believe that.  But clear water and safe water are very different.

Electro

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 04:00:48 pm »
tony,

thanks for the comments.  Of course, you are correct.

Electro

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 04:00:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42