What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River Bengal  (Read 17770 times)

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
Tiger River Bengal
« on: May 15, 2004, 08:49:06 am »
Just  got my 01 Bengal this week have a  Couple of questions.

1. The gfi keeps triping and spa hasnt reached my starting temp. Whats the cause?

2. How do i set Cleaning cycle? I pushed the hideen tiger logo button and the jet button at same time as directions say to but nothing activated. Any ideas?

This web site is the Best!
Thank You From a Newbie

Hot Tub Forum

Tiger River Bengal
« on: May 15, 2004, 08:49:06 am »

Rich

Re: Tiger River Bengal
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 10:19:22 am »
I'm assuming you have a 2003 model or newer since you are talking about pushing the tiger button to get cleaning cycle, I don't think the 2004 model has it. If you push and hold hidden button under tiger and then your jet pump button it should go into 10min cleaning cycle, you will see jets logo flash on and off on control panel if you are in it. If jet logo is not flashing you just have the jet pump running. You need to give more info to get help with your electrical problem. Is your tub set up for 115v or has it been converted to 230v. Who did the electrical work or did you do it yourself. Why hasn't the place you bought the tub from looked at the tub. If you are good with electricity then you should be able to see if things are wired correctly by comparing wiring diagram in manual to what is there. ****IF YOU ATTEMPT THIS MAKE SURE THE SUPPLY BREAKER IN YOU MAIN ELECTRICAL PANEL IS OFF BEFORE CHECKING ANY WIRING**** Since the tub is new and GFI keeps tripping I would guess something is not wired correctly. Also since the tub is not heating up it would lead me to think that wiring is wrong or heater is bad which is causing breaker to trip, which seems unlikely on new tub. Also there is a thermal reset on the heater that may need to be reset to get it to heat the water. Did you buy this tub new or used. Check your manual it will give the info you are looking for. If you bought it used and do not have the manual go to this link and you acn view manuals. http://tigerriver.hotspring.com/Easy/easy_delivery.html

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 01:03:00 pm »
Rich   My bengal is a 2001 used trade in. I found out the manual that was given to me was for 2002 so aparently my bengal doesnt have cleaning cycle available.

As for the electrical it is hooked up to dedecated 20 Amp circuit at circutbreaker box. 115 volt.   spa is pluged in to water proof outdoor electrical plug box.

As  for who did my wireing , i paid electrician to run wire and install circut breaker, conduit and plug box. Didnt have electrical water proof box at the time the spa delivery guy had it and was suppoused to hook that part up at delivery  but it was raining that day so that was un able to be done on thursday. The spa sales  guy came out to my house on Friday  did final electrical hook up. Started spa . gfi was triped when i got home from work. I reset it and it triped again within 10 minutes.

Called dealer up on Saterday morning  he Called my electrician for me and set up time for electrician to come out .  He came out voltage was good but gfi plug was warm. electrician  cut power of put spade pluges on wires going to outdoor electrical waterproof box . said the striped wires under screw conection was to loose and causeing gfi to trip.  Said problem was taken care of.
My wife and i took first soak last night. It was great !

however gfi triped after we shut of jets and was siting in spa. just relaxing. So im now not sure problem is gone .

Also spa devloped small leak  in pump compartment on the litttle thing that looks like an in line filter to to the circulation pump. the little filter looking thing has a crack in it at the hose clamp. so gues i will put in a repair call monday. Needles to say we  have to wait for this to be fixed before using spa again :-/

Thank you T6texan

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 12:42:26 am »
Just wanted to update my  problems, were taken care of. My local HotSprings Dealer from Witch I purchased  Used spa Set up repair call with hotsprings repair man who came by my house and replaced leaking fiting thingy fixing water leak. While he was there he looked over the electrical system and determined the circulation pump was now starting up properly. So he replaced it also. I do have to agree Hot Springs is  a good brand to do buisiness with. :) All the little problems ive had were taken care of promptley by my local dealer. ;D

As for the bengal spa my wife and i love it.  :D we have used it every day since we got it.

Brad

Rich

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 01:13:55 am »
Glad to hear your problems were solved by the dealer. I have found my dealer to be very good also. When tub was delivered the cover had tiny cut in the handle and they gave me a new one when I told them about it. Also had one other problem with the pump panel door and they came and fixed it immediately.

I still think that you have a cleaning cycle on 2001 model, go to link I sent you and you can view the manual for your tub. Rich

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 01:13:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42